Notices

Blah

Old 10-22-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blah

In a funk tonight. Feeling kinda depressed. (And for some reason I have had a bad stiff neck for the past few days. Got better, but turned my head while driving and it came back full force.) Anyway, just feeling ... sad... frustrated. Can't seem to let go of people who aren't good for me. Don't quite get that. And have someone pursuing me who is a full-blown addict to several heavy substances - nice guy w/ a good heart, but a "heavy player" and that's not my "thing." Last person who had my heart was 2 years in alcohol recovery, but didn't seem to care a whole lot about My feelings, yet it really hurts not being able to be close with him anymore. Just feeling lonely and bummed, I guess. Not thinking of drinking, just feeling like I want to jump out of my body or something (???!!). Bleh.

Guess I really should be posting this on the Whiner section, but... oh well. Think I just need a hug.... I miss being held....
Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not sure if I ever said this to you, or to someone else... but my relationships with people very often mirrored my relationship with alcohol and other drugs...

They all had the same bad choices, all were toxic, far less than I deserved...and incredibly hard to let go, almost obsessional sometimes....

My 'picker' and my emotional equilibrium got a lot better the more I stayed sober and worked on my recovery 427 - stick with it

Hope tomorrow is a better day

D
Old 10-22-2012, 11:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice guy with a good hard, but an addict is still and addict.

My EXABF has a good heart too.

He forgot about that sometime when he was using.

I think it shows growth and maturity on your part to recognize that this guy is not good for you.

The next step for both of us is learning WHY these people end up on our lives & how to get and keep them out...I'm stuck on that too...it's hard when all your friend are addicts/alcoholics...it can be scary to pursue a new kind of friendship especially when the basis of most of your friendships have been drugs/ alcohol

It's scary to face a situation clean and sober and build a friendship based upon something true and real.

We all have bad nights, days, weeks, etc and you just gotta power through and learn how to feel crappy. It's all apart of recovery.

Tomorrow is a new day. Curl up with a good book, a funny TV show, call a positive friend or just call it a night and go to bed. Things will start looking up soon. They always do.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, 427.

You can use my hug))) What about pampering yourself a little bit? Some hot bath, candles, facials, relaxing musing. Just lazy night.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Can't give you a real hug 427, so a "virtual" one will have to do...hang in there, friend!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you, my friends Mo bettah!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 10-23-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

hug hug.
i have neck issues here and there... sleep wrong. i had a car wreck yrs ago - think i will probably have to deal with that at times for the rest of my life. whiplash is a real thing.
hang in. i don't think you are whining at all. my choices in men are down a road that i am not capable of going. live in a small town... the single men are in bars.....stay strong.