Notices

Day 1

Old 09-25-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

I have been drinking wine and in the last several months, I easily drink a bottle a day and binge on weekends. I've known I have a problem and kept telling myself I need to stop drinking. So after drinking 2 bottles of wine yesterday, I decided it was time to stop. I'm currently experiencing the shaking and sweating. This sucks. I have been drinking water today but the shaking is intense.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Maxilina
I moved your post here for more response

I always recommend people see a Dr - detox can be rough for some of us, and it's best to be safe.

Is that an option for you?

D
Old 09-25-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi Maxilina
You sound just like me with the wine problem. I joined yesterday. We could keep in touch through this journey if you want? I really want to join the September class along with others who have given it up at the same time. All the best to you x
Old 09-25-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to the family, Maxilinia. You're no longer alone - we all get what you're going through.

I refused to admit I couldn't control my drinking. In the end, I drank all day & couldn't face the world without it. That won't happen to you - glad you are taking a hard look at what alcohol is doing to your life. Congratulations on wanting to make this change.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
rebmeM

Welcome Maxilina. I was in the same boat as you, and I am currently working on closing out my second day sober. It's been a little tough, but I have been coming here to read, and post when I was feeling weak or just needed to talk. We are all here for you!
Please stick around!!
Old 09-25-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome Maxi!
You came to the right place read a lot and post a lot here. It reaaly helps.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

End of Day 1

It has been an extremely rough day. I threw away what wine I had left (that I hadn't finished yesterday during my binge). I went and bought some thiamine and folate, after reading that thiamine is often prescribed when you got to the doctor. I still have the shakes and sweating. I also have a bit of dizziness. I'm really ready to not feel like this anymore. I'm just praying for this to be over. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Physical withdrawal usually lasts a few days to a week so this too shall pass. I was a wino too, one to three bottles a day. I gave it up almost three years ago with the help of my addiction counselor and this site and have been happily sober ever since.

Welcome to the family!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It will get easier... and your life will improve so very much... being sober is wonderful and liberating and you will get there. Stay strong and keep believing in yourself - you can do this. You really can!

Welcome!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I had severe withdrawl.. Three day's no sleep at all, hallucations, sweating, vomit ect ect....

And I still shake sometimes and its been many months since I quit. Many are like that.

And thaimine thats good. Once I wound up in the ICU detoxing and having 'wet brain" which is a low thaimine level for a long time..

Your going to be okay. Stay hydrated. And if you really dont feel good, go to the er there is no shame in it.. I did thank god.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Insomnia

I wonder if part of the problem with the insomnia has to do with the sweating and chills. I spent a sleepless night either getting back under the covers or throwing them off me. The severe shaking at least seemed to stop though I still tremble. Thank you all for your words is encouragement. I know it will get better.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am on day 6 and fed up now of the constant struggle, feel i want to just give in, i have this intense feeling of i cannot possibly do this forever, wish i was stronger!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Me too! I've binging on 2 bottles of wine a day but I'm sick of it. Even after 2 bottles, I still wanted more. You know that saying, "One drink is too much, a thousand drinks are not enough." I want to feel good physically. I don't want to always be tired and sweaty and puffy and drained. I need my life back and am starting today, my first day sober. I'd love to correspond so please write me!