Notices

Obituary - weasel1966 - aka ken

Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Obituary - weasel1966 - aka ken

What better way to see yourself from a point of view less considered than to write your own obituary. I will not allow this to come true. At least from drinking and drugs.

--------------------------------------------------------
Weasel had a promising life ahead of him. Still only 46.

Weasel was a loving and caring, devoted partner and lover to me
Says John. I will miss him very very much.

He was able to see things in a different light. He was able to find something good in everyone around him.

He saw the hope in others. He was a powerful soul.

Weasel judged few. Spent time feeding and working with the homeless. He was of the idea that no one was less or more than another. We all just needed the same chances.

His upbringing gave him a compassionate heart to which he let get hurt over and over.

Weasel spent many years in alcohol and drug abuse. His body was ravaged at the end. His mind less clear. Unable to see the world he was now in.

Weasel was found dead and alone in his apartment. A result of a deadly combination of cocaine, vodka and self pity.

Weasel looked everywhere he could for what he needed most. Never realizing he had all the things he needed right inside him. He was giving to others and starving himself.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So show us the obituary you would like to come true dear Ken :>

x
Old 09-25-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Vall ya know... I never considered that. Hmmm.....

TY
Old 09-25-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well said Val - Weasel - we are the same age, it stung me as I read through your obituary. Were you writing from the POV of "John" or of yourself or both? I agree with Val, now write the roadmap (not obit.) that you WANT your life to be and then live it!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have planned more for a vacation than what I want to make of my life. Time to look up huh?

I will do that for myself.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Timshel, Ken.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I did coke last night and drank a lot. I can be dead any time I take a shot or a hit. That's fact.

But if I did what would be said of me. What would be written.

True... I can make what gets written anything I want. And drugs will not be the reason for the writing.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Ken, I don't like to think of you and the word obituary in the same sentence!
It is an interesting exercise to ponder. I know you're going to write and live a much better ending, a long long long time from now!

Interesting about planning more for a vacation than for life. Me too, and it shows. Arghhhhh!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh Weasel, just keep in mind what a horrible effect coke has on your mood the few days after taking it and try not to be hard on yourself. It's good to learn something from a binge but don't let that horrible coke comedown voice let you think it's speaking the truth to you. Put something funny on tv and distract yourself until it passes. Huge, huge, huge hugs to you from a former raving cokehead. xx
Old 09-25-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
instant

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post

A result of a deadly combination of cocaine, vodka and self pity.

Hi Weasel. This is a good idea. Reminds me of "a christmas carol' by Dickins.

In my experience 'self pity' came along as a result of substance use. It went away once I got sorted.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You may not like it, but this is from one of my favourite movies and I dedicate it to you, and all who are struggling right now, as I find it rather uplifting and full of hope, where we think there is no hope.

I mean, how on earth did they get the piano up that wet muddy slippery hill? With desire, heart, guts and will power....

Michael Nyman - The Heart Asks Pleasure First - YouTube
Old 09-25-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well I thought this exercise was helpful to me. Made me look at myself from a new angle. Consider aspects to living that might only be apparent in death. If that makes sense.

Well made it to the end of the work day. Glad to be home. And yes I am aware of coke brain. I give myself a good week before deciding I feel anything about anything. Otherwise its just not real.

I am greatful for my clear head again and I managed to smile some today.

Most of all the support you all gave e made me really feel better.

I adjusted my plan for the future to not take off vacations days were I have nothing planned. I did well on the weekend though. Perfect the entire time.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Having written one for my former wife who died at 43 I would say addiction never made into the Obit. While we would like to 'tell all' of the pain, that was a sickness/disease if you will not the real person under the hood.
I see death as a release from the chains of struggle beyond the physical death part is up to ones religion or lack their of.
Just my free babbling words...
AG

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
What better way to see yourself from a point of view less considered than to write your own obituary. I will not allow this to come true. At least from drinking and drugs.

--------------------------------------------------------
Weasel had a promising life ahead of him. Still only 46.

Weasel was a loving and caring, devoted partner and lover to me
Says John. I will miss him very very much.

He was able to see things in a different light. He was able to find something good in everyone around him.

He saw the hope in others. He was a powerful soul.

Weasel judged few. Spent time feeding and working with the homeless. He was of the idea that no one was less or more than another. We all just needed the same chances.

His upbringing gave him a compassionate heart to which he let get hurt over and over.

Weasel spent many years in alcohol and drug abuse. His body was ravaged at the end. His mind less clear. Unable to see the world he was now in.

Weasel was found dead and alone in his apartment. A result of a deadly combination of cocaine, vodka and self pity.

Weasel looked everywhere he could for what he needed most. Never realizing he had all the things he needed right inside him. He was giving to others and starving himself.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I agree about writing the new one, Weasel. When your head is clear ;-) You wrote this one, you have the power to write the new one--with the good ending. Words are powerful--Write it without judging who you are or what you are putting on paper--All the good about yourself, and all that you want to be--and then put it away if you like. Just the exercise of writing it will plant it in your subconscious. You deserve the good ending!!!!