Notices

12 days sober.. and..

Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

12 days sober.. and..

I am absolutely fine. Not really craving.. occasionally I will think.. it would be nice to have a bottle of Wine.. but then I think of the hangover and that puts me off.

But, I haven't suffered so bad this time around with quitting. I don't know why. I thought it was supposed to get worse and worse HOWEVER.. a few months ago... I was hospitalised with E-Coli which ended up as Pyelonephritis. I was seriously ill, shaking, shivering.. couldn't keep my temperature down..

.. I was in for about 6 days. After 3 days every night I would wake up absolutely drenched in sweat and hot! But then it would all go cold and I would wake up freezing, soaking and cold.. this went on for another 5 days perhaps.

I wonder if my body detoxed then. Because I have never experienced anything like it.

I have energy now, I am going to bed early, waking up early.. and sleeping better!

Bit bored.. but enough to keep me occupied! Loving the hangover free lifestyle
Old 09-26-2012, 02:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And chocolate with coffee makes it all even better!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Every detox I had was different - sounds like you got lucky this last time sugarfix
Congratulations on your sober time.

D
Old 09-26-2012, 03:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Real sleep is one of the best parts of sobriety.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Sugarfix

Well done on day 12, that's brilliant, nearly a whole fortnight now. Just noticed that you're not very far from me!

Does sound like you could have been detoxing, I've been lucky in as I haven't really had any withdrawal symtoms, other that a few sleepless nights, could be due to me being a binge drinker perhaps. I didn't drink on work days, just made up for it on the other days! I'm being aware though, just incase any urges creep upon me unawares.

I agree with Fandy, real sleep is one of the best!

Anway, you keep it up and if you're a bit bored, take up a new hobby, knitting or something!!

Big hugs

Gxx
Old 09-26-2012, 03:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
Hi Sugarfix

Well done on day 12, that's brilliant, nearly a whole fortnight now. Just noticed that you're not very far from me!

Does sound like you could have been detoxing, I've been lucky in as I haven't really had any withdrawal symtoms, other that a few sleepless nights, could be due to me being a binge drinker perhaps. I didn't drink on work days, just made up for it on the other days! I'm being aware though, just incase any urges creep upon me unawares.

I agree with Fandy, real sleep is one of the best!

Anway, you keep it up and if you're a bit bored, take up a new hobby, knitting or something!!

Big hugs

Gxx
Thanks Yes I am on the Wirral.

I did suspect at the time it was my body flushing out all the alcohol, though I didn't have any anxiety that time - well , apart from thinking I was going to die in the hospital because I was so ill! I was hooked to a drip and in alot of pain! I had been drinking very heavily that month and it was every night! It was a 3 day bender after a 30th birthday, then a meal the next day and .. well you know how celebrations go! ... As soon as I got out of hospital I of course had a glass of Wine in my hand within a few hours! Shocking!

I was more of a weekend binge drinker, would never have heavy sessions on days I had to get up... and never drank before 5pm usually... (this turned into 12noon on sunny days!)

Real sleep is definitely a great thing! I love it!

I am going to take up a hobby with my boyfriend, we quite fancy ballroom dancing or badminton I think he mentioned! I love reading.. in fact, may treat myself to a trip to Waterstones to buy a few books

Life just feels so much calmer. No stress, no rushing around, no frantic panics in the morning trying to find kids stuff...

I am used to functioning in chaos and always rushing and being busy.. so now my life is organised and less chaotic.. it feels a bit dull.

Emotionally though I am happy, I feel really positive and am looking forward to preparing for Christmas etc..

And Farmageddon! Can't wait to go over there! Have you been? It's REALLY scary!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi again

The Wirrall eh, very posh! I'm in Warrington. Not far away at all!

Your drinking sounds very similar to mine. I work three long days each week and didn't drink on those days. but then I would be drinking at night, then it went on to sneaking a bottle of wine in the day too, etc, etc. Not good!

I'm still in the early days of sobriety, coming up to day 40 this week and am feeling so much better. I've been coping well, but this is my second time at it, so I'm extra vigilant, because this is going to be my last time, my last chance!

I have a very busy life too, I'm much older than you, but I work the three days, have my daughters two children ( 5 & 3)on the other two week days while she works and i have my sons little boy ( aged 2) who virtually lives with us ( long story). Plus then, my dad is 80 and is confused.com and my mum is 79, but she's mega fit! So my life is busy, busy, rush, rush, but I'm coping with it much better now.

I love reading too, will read virtually anything, I'm reading a Martina Cole book now. I would LOVE to do ballroom dancing, but my husband would rather stick pins in his own eyes!!

Anyway, have to go as I'm in work and I'll get my wrist slapped.

Be good, stay strong

GXX