Notices

Remembering September 11th

Old 09-10-2012, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Remembering September 11th

A place to remember, reflect, and deal with the stress of the 9/11 anniversary.
This is a hard day for many people. So many losses, so many changed lives, such heartbreak, yet also so many triumphs of spirit, so many heroic people, such love and patriotism.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, NFW. A day never forgotten.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks NFW. My daughter was born on Sept 11, 2002. My wife was having a C-section so we were able to choose our daughter's birthday. Since it was the first year after 9-11, there weren't many folks choosing that day. 9-10 and 9-12 were popular dates. We chose 9-11. We wanted something good to happen on that day. Who knows... my daughter is an Angel! Thanks for starting this thread!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'll be heading back home (States side) for a VFW parade in a few hours to honour those who lost their lives on 9/11 and those members of ISAF who never returned. I don't leave my suroundings for much anymore but I suck it back for this every year. I'm really happy you posted this NFW.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

GoMan what a wonderful expression of hope to choose this day! True American spirit. Happy bday to your daughter

Zanzibar, good for you to venture out for the parade. What a nice tradition to honor and remember those lost.

I remember going down to the beach that day, and it was completely quiet and still. I went today as well, and there wasn't a ripple in the water. Calm seas just like on 2001. Moment of silence on a day that changed lives forever.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I live in NYC, and it was a rough day, as you can imagine. Walking through the streets, the lamp posts had "missing" posters everywhere. So many faces, their families asking for information. That was before we knew how many people died.

They shut our city down that day for any traffic in or out. We had jet fighters circling for days.

May it never happen again.