Notices

Night 2, how about some conversation?

Old 09-06-2012, 12:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Night 2, how about some conversation?

Heyo.
Night 2 of being sober. Longest stretch of not being high since seeing my parents last Christmas. Night one consisted of nightmares, felt strange since I can't remember the last time I actually had a dream.

Anywho, just got home from work and friends are passed out drunk/high in the common area. Been my ritual for months to light up and fall asleep when I get home, and it feels weird not doing so. I'm gonna go on a walk, but I know when I get back I'm gonna wanna fall back in to habit so...

Anyone seen any good movies?
Excited about some video games coming out?
Any skaters on here that stay sober? (Besides work and school, skating is pretty much my life)
How has school been? (I'm just about three weeks into my sophomore year at ASU)
How have you been? Has something awesome happened to you recently? I wanna hear
Pretty much any conversation or awesomeness I can look forward to from when I get back from my walk.

Had some awesome responses last night when I wasn't feeling too great, excited to hear from you guys tonight.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope your walk goes well, Giveitup. Exercise has become a real refuge for me in the recent weeks. My biggest complaint about living a sober lifestyle is that I don't sleep enough, but I know that this will regulate in time...

I work at a college and this is just our second week back. It's enormously stressful right now but it's such an exciting time of the year. I know that it's going to be a good one for my student friends. I'm into music myself - - when I'm not working you can find me singing. Right now I should be sleeping though, so I'll put the phone aside and try to do that now.

Keep in touch with us. These forums are really great, and full of supportive people. Send me a friend request if you're interested in talking more later. Welcome to SR and best wishes to you!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey man, I'm big gamer, just played a bunch of old NES games with a friend of mine who came over this evening. He always brings weed over and sometimes alcohol. I didn't smoke, but we had some conversations about me staying sober and stuff like that. His pot smoking doesnt really tempt me too much but I'd rather he not smoke... That's not my decision though hehe.

I'm an IT student at a community college. I had a bunch of stuff going at different points in my life (going to a good school, arabic linguist in the army, manager at a mattress warehoues) but I ruined them with alcohol binges... But I'm at where I'm at. Can't change the past, only learn from it.

Life is allright right now, on day 5 of staying off alcohol. I'm feeling better.

What games are you looking forward to? What are you studying? Come check out the chat room, I've been using it but right now its kind of dead.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blueshades View Post
I hope your walk goes well, Giveitup. Exercise has become a real refuge for me in the recent weeks. My biggest complaint about living a sober lifestyle is that I don't sleep enough, but I know that this will regulate in time...

I work at a college and this is just our second week back. It's enormously stressful right now but it's such an exciting time of the year. I know that it's going to be a good one for my student friends. I'm into music myself - - when I'm not working you can find me singing. Right now I should be sleeping though, so I'll put the phone aside and try to do that now.

Keep in touch with us. These forums are really great, and full of supportive people. Send me a friend request if you're interested in talking more later. Welcome to SR and best wishes to you!
I sent yeah a friend request! It would be awesome to keep in touch.

Working out is essentially a drug to me in it's own. I have to get out to the park, or to a ledge, or where ever just to skate. If my legs are wobbling from being so tired, I haven't skated enough that day. The only issue this brings up is the people I end up being with are generally drinking or smoking. I've been at spots at 8am with friends chugging a brewski to take the edge off the spots we are skating.

I completely get you on the sleeping issue. Its just about 1am and despite my body being drained I don't feel a bit sleepy. I am just trying to stay more active than usual and avoid any caffeine so I have no reason not to sleep.

I dated a girl for a while that sang, and its truly an unbelievable talent that I'm jealous you have! Keep singing man, practice makes perfect and I'm sure its a great release

Originally Posted by thenn88 View Post
Hey man, I'm big gamer, just played a bunch of old NES games with a friend of mine who came over this evening. He always brings weed over and sometimes alcohol. I didn't smoke, but we had some conversations about me staying sober and stuff like that. His pot smoking doesnt really tempt me too much but I'd rather he not smoke... That's not my decision though hehe.

I'm an IT student at a community college. I had a bunch of stuff going at different points in my life (going to a good school, arabic linguist in the army, manager at a mattress warehoues) but I ruined them with alcohol binges... But I'm at where I'm at. Can't change the past, only learn from it.

Life is allright right now, on day 5 of staying off alcohol. I'm feeling better.

What games are you looking forward to? What are you studying? Come check out the chat room, I've been using it but right now its kind of dead.
It sounds like you had a lot going for you! Even if you messed it up in the past, doesn't mean you can't get there again, or even to a better place. My regional manager at where I work was once a heroin addict. Lost a full ride to a university and was living in a half way house when he got the help he needed and decided to turn it around. Hell, Robert Downey Jr. became a junky and went bankrupt but turned it around and look where he's at now. I hope that's a little motivation to stay sober man

I am SUPER siked for Assassin's Creed 3. They reworked the fighting so its super fluid, and the game just looks amazing. And of course I'm defanitely gonna get black ops 2 when it comes out. But lately I've been playing Guild Wars 2! (when I'm not doing homework haha)

And your friend smoking, I have nothing against it. It certainly makes video games a bit more fun, but I have been abusing it. Using it as a crutch for getting by every day. Today was the first time I was sober all through school and all through work and things were... very different. I couldn't tell if my head was clearer and I was thinking more, or if it was overwhelmed and I was thinking too much. It makes me glad to hear he was accepting that you didn't want to smoke or drink, I haven't even chatted with any of my friends about stopping yet. I just stayed busy today and tried not to hang out with them, as they go pretty hard sometimes. I hope they understand when I talk to them...

Thanks for the reply's you guys, a little support goes a long way. Day 3 tomorrow, and I'm actually kinda siked.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thenn88 View Post
What are you studying? Come check out the chat room, I've been using it but right now its kind of dead.
Oh! And I'm studying Management Entrepreneurship! I'm going to start a small business down here in phoenix

&& I wasn't aware there was a chat room! I am gonna try to get some sleep, but tomorrow I will most likely log on!
Old 09-06-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Come hang out in the chat room in the evening's...

That place saved me for then I could count..

Well done on day 2 !!!