Notices

2-3x's a week binge drinker day 15

Old 09-02-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2-3x's a week binge drinker day 15

Today is day 15 woke up got the family ready for church and had a great morning with my church family and the sermon our pastor shared with us was about faith and grace man did I ever need to hear that today. I even had a teenage boy today tell me I lost weight lol must be all the green tea and water I am drinking not to mention getting my butt off facebook since I quit drinking. I play pogo games in the evening but im not obsessed with the having to check in like the games on fb with a million missions to complete and having to see the drama that ensues on fb that actually made my stress and anxieties more intense. Feeling calmer, better and I am grateful for waking up without a hangover of any degree. I am a Thanksgiving fanatic I spend hundreds of dollars on this holiday I am spending time already making out my menu shopping lists etc. It takes me weeks to prepare for this big day and this year I will be prepping without a drop of drink in the process I will not feel like crap any of these days I am preparing I won't be stressing I am on my way to sober recovery! thank you guys for all the support I soooo appreciate it
Old 09-02-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Good deal!......and great post.

It's nice to get some little reminders along the way......like from that kid but especially from the priest........that what we're moving in the right direction.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ridinghood,

Thanks for the positive post! Yep, it is amazing how much better life is when you are sober. I am going through the loss of a pet right now, so my life is pretty painful, but I wouldn't trade the respect for myself that I am feeling right now dealing with life on it's own terms. (I guess. But this really hurts)

You sound like a fun person - esp on Thanksgiving! Keep going forward - you are doing great! Take care, and have a great(er) Sunday!