Notices

Russell Brand documentary

Old 08-16-2012, 11:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Russell Brand documentary

I realize that he is a controversial figure, and I haven't liked him in the past. But I was very touched by his tribute to Amy Winehouse which was probably the most eloquent in the media (from a totally unexpected quarter, it was a revelation that when serious he could be so well spoken and articulate). Today I saw some excerpts of his new documentary, From Addiction to Recovery, and it started making me quite tearful... I will be checking it out in full when I can.

It seems he is becoming something of a spokesperson for this area, and really it would be good if more who have actually experienced this thing could draw some attention to the issue and be a voice for it.

I'm still not really a fan, but just mentioning it as something of interest to others out there, though am hesitant to post direct links.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Michelle

I would be grateful for the links if possible could you post them or send them through pm

thanks
Old 08-17-2012, 01:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi

I hope to watch that too - I recorded it on Sky.

I have often wondered about Russell Brand as he does not drink or take drugs and how he manages to have relationships with other people who do drink.

I also heard excerpts on the radio where he said that we should regard drug users as very sick people, ill people who deserve some care and compassion.

I still feel great sadness over Amy Winehouse. It seems she provided the media with lots of pictures and exploits that allowed a lot of readers to tut, laugh at or moan about. I don't think many understood. And she seemed so nice and so, so talented. I miss her a lot.

Going to check it recorded now...

Thanks for reminding me xxxx
Old 08-17-2012, 02:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

I started reading his autobiography- he is at times alarmingly frank
Old 08-17-2012, 02:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I watched this last night. I thought it was interesting. I'm not a great fan of him either, but I'm glad he's trying to put addiction in the spotlight with the hope of changing the way our society deals with those who are addicted.

I still get sad when I think about Amy Winehouse. Such a terrible shame and she was only 3 years older than me.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by instant View Post
I started reading his autobiography- he is at times alarmingly frank
I know he wrote an autobiography, I don't know if I could quite digest that... though I read the book by Anthony Kiedis and that was quite hard hitting and graphic as well.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for this info. The other night when I watched Rain in the Heart, I saw links to his documentary and was interested. I'm going to look this up and watch.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

I really like Brand. I find him very intelligent and love his way with words as well as admire his choice to be sober.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'll watch the show over the weekend.

His interview on 5live was fantastic as he talks about finding out why people use and not to just chuck them in prision and use methodone.

I just wish our MP's had the balls to listen