Notices

Day by day

Old 08-16-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day by day

I have been addicted to Roxys for roughly two years now on and off. Kept it hidden from everyone, lied to myself day after day. Finally 3 days ago I sat down with my parents and told them everything. I am now in the middle of day 3 clean and I'm starting To not feel as ****** as the past. The hardest thing is to admit it to yourself that you are physically and mentally dependent on those little f@&$ing blue devils. I havent missed any work, just pushing through it. I want to stay clean for myself, my fiancé, and my family. I CAN do this and I will do this. I have read a bunch of posts, some over and over and over and it's given me unseen strength to overcome this problem.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I strongly suggest a recovery program... Many of us have tried, and could not recover alone.... Good luck !
Old 08-16-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm just awaiting till next wed to see my physiatrist and physcologist to get me back on my normal meds and keep me making irrational decisions. I feel so much better now that I have told people. Haven't felt this good in probably 2 + years.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Eva This isn't something I have experience but I hope you get the right help. I do remember the incredible relief when I finally came clean about my drinking though. It feels good to not have to lie anymore x
Old 08-16-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All the best, Eva.

Bob R
Old 08-17-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well today I woke up and felt great! Haven't felt so clear headed in a long time. I even went to the gym before I had to be at work @ 7am for another long day of cooking. I told my fiancé last night and she is supporting me 100%. She wasn't mad at all, just shocked because she had NO idea. Not even the slightest clue. Now that I don't have anything to hide anymore I feel so much weight lifted off me. Hopefully this will keep up. No more being a lazy bum and get back to who I was before!!!