Notices

Im new to forum and at less than .5 a day.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im new to forum and at less than .5 a day.

Hello my name is Chris and i just finished posting in newcomer area so id thought id jump over and post here seeing that i am a sub user. I have been reading from this forum during my entire suboxone treatment. I was prscribed 16mg a day 11 months ago and today i am at less than .5 a day and i am very hopeful. I want to thank everyone for putting their feelings and experiences in words on these pages. Just knowing that others are going through same issues even without talking with them was a comfort. For me personally suboxone good or bad was the only way to go. It saved my life and regardless of what my future holds i would not be here to experience it if were not for my doctor and these little films. I feel guilty sometimes that i am so blessed to have good insurance and such a rad and supportive wife and family. Without these resources i dont think i would be capable of making the changes that i have.Thx for reading .
Old 08-15-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident Alien

Hey there Chris and welcome to SR! Glad you made it here. My own story is similar, as you may have read. I had a new, awesome wife & family support when I first got into the clinic (luckily she still married me after all the crap I put us through)... it saved the things in my life that were more important to me than my fix, which I'm sure I would have found a way to destroy if I hadn't started putting my life together at that point in time.

My own opinion of subs may waffle depending on the time of day and the particular topic at hand, but like you, I am certain I would not be here without it. I held onto it for 4 years out of fear of being (completely) sober, but Sunday (8/19) will make 1 month since I kicked from 1mg/day, and I'm doing quite well now walking without my crutch.

Its great you have been able to taper to .5mg/day or less... something I was never able to do (1mg seemed to be my psychological barrier... no problems tapering down to that point, but I couldn't get any lower hard as I tried I would always give in).

Anyway, there is another guy here, Ollie, who is down to crumbs and going days between doses, and doing quite well... he'll probably drop in at some point to say hi.

There are several others in our merry little band who are also at similar points in their recovery. You will find lots of great support here.

If you haven't found it already, my blog here on this site chronicles my experience through the final detox, and may give you an idea of what to expect when you do the final kick (hopefully your experience will be milder than mine since you are already on half the dose I was when I jumped... but in retrospect now it doesn't seem as awful as it seemed to me in the moment).

PM or post in this forum anytime... I am usually trolling around and fairly quick to respond.

Welcome again and best wishes on your journey!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thx

thanx for warm welcome dragon. I will definatly check out your blog and have already been reading your posts from the last month. Sounds like you are fighting the good fight and i wish you the best.