my ex addict girlfriend is a psycho!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my ex addict girlfriend is a psycho!

I thought I had left all of that hell of having to deal with agf behind. It has been months since I last saw Lesley n(the woman I had an affair with - longs story) - I even changed my numbers, email and physical address!

Yesterday evening I noticed a suspicious character lurking near my hotel room here in Cape Cod, where I and my re-united family are on holiday. I have pulled my life back together and am so happy to be back with my kids and wife (ex) where we are sorting out all our issues. Anyway I jumped the guy and got out of him he is a private investigator with whom my ex agf hired to track me down - the reason she wanted to get info all I am doing. I took the guy to the police and he confessed all there - her intention was to disrupt my life and cause hassles for me! Aaaargh...

I am just sorting out everything and am angry and frustrated - does anyone have anything to share that was similar. Do you think a have a case for a legal action!!

It bought up so much pain and frustration - Thank God my ex-wife and daughters are so amazing and supportive!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

her intention was to disrupt my life and cause hassles for me! Aaaargh...
I am not a lawyer, but that is harrassment.

I've never dealt with anything like this, I'd find a legal site to post this to.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So this guy was " lurking" and you decided to " jump him" ?
Old 08-15-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

YUP. A man has to do what a mans gotta do - was a big risk though and a bit dumb! You would have to have been there!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Legal action might be her ultimate high. Some people will take bonding on an enemy basis if they cannot get bonding any other way.

I would take a deep breath and not make any decisions for a while. You are seeing a counselor? Get some help from an impartial, skilled third party and don't jump any more guns.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

He actually went to the police station with you? Was he a licensed PI or just some random guy she asked to do this? And he traveled all the way to Cape Cod from NY??

Creepy story!!

Since there is now a police record of it, I would try and get a restraining order.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wow! I agree, the police report from this incident would go a long way in obtaining a restraining order. If she does this, she may try to harm your ex and children. Please consider obtaining some legal advice!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree, a restraining order may be necessary.

What I meant in my post is be careful not to make any decisions in mental chaos. I didn't mean to imply you were wrong to confront someone spying on you. On re-reading, I worried it might sound that way.

Just don't try to handle things alone....
Old 08-15-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by bobcat2000 View Post
YUP. A man has to do what a mans gotta do - was a big risk though and a bit dumb! You would have to have been there!
Good job. I would of done the same. I'm sure you caught him off guard!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are dealing with someone that obviously does not respect boundaries. I agree that your best course of actions is to consult a criminal attorney (that's who deals with harassment cases). She/he will be able to advise you on the best course of action. Even if it costs you money - it's worth it.

Yes....others have been in these sorts of creepy and inappropriate actions of ex partners. Through the years there have been some pretty dicey situations in our forum. My ex husband (who has relapsed) got involved in a psycho relationship. She has charged him with domestic violence (harrassment and cyber stalking) and for some reason listed me as a witness....I've never met her! Then she started forwarding me emails that he had written to her about wanting to be with her again in his bed - she "just wanted to let me know that he did have feelings for her". I think that she found out that he still had feelings for me and had been continually trying to reconcile with me and she decided to take things into her own hands. Like I said....pretty psycho. The scariest thing about the whole thing to me is that she has been active in Alanon for 20 years, is on the executive board, and sponsors people. The whole thing has been wacko and I just want distance from the whole entire thing.

So...yes....other people have issues with this sort of stuff. Unfortunately, when you become involved with unhealthy people the price sometimes is paid in creepy scenarios post breakup.

I hope that you will consider retaining a lawyer. This isn't something you want to mess around with. It's great that your ex and children are understanding and supportive but they really don't deserve to be exposed to this on any level....IMO.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNot View Post
He actually went to the police station with you? Was he a licensed PI or just some random guy she asked to do this? And he traveled all the way to Cape Cod from NY??

Creepy story!!

Since there is now a police record of it, I would try and get a restraining order.
A licensed PI. My ex agf is VERY wealthy! I am looking at a restraining order.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree, a restraining order may help. That said, she sounds like a stalker and could be dangerous to you or your family. At least with a restraining order if she tries anything else she can be jailed.

Good luck on mending your fences with your family.

Hugs