What a difference a week makes

Old 01-10-2004, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a difference a week makes

Well, last weekend I posted about how unseasonably warm it was. This weekend, it is mad, scary, wicked cold. This makes me realize how much weather affects my mood.
When it's warm I am bouyant, happy and hopeful. When it's frigid cold I am lethargic, grumpy and bleak.
My eldest son was right when he said "Old Man Winter is a gnarly old bastard."
I eagerly await the grace and beauty of Spring. If I had enough wood and enough money, I would just camp in front of the fireplace until the return of the peep frogs.
Warm thoughts to all of you who are in this deep-freeze as well.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 01-11-2004, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Like I often say, if you don't like the weather in Ohio, stick around for a day--it will change!

Brrrrrrrrrrr! Actually, if we got a blizzard (which I don't think is on the weather report, but who knows), I have plenty of milk, and plenty of other food--so I could stay home all bundled up, with my family here at home with me, and all would be well. Dealing with the outside world lately hasn't been much fun. I think I'd like to be a hermit.

I'm sitting by my fireplace knitting.

Hugs,
Lyn
Old 01-11-2004, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I live in coastal California. Its funny Gabe, weather totally affects my mood. It didn't used to. I used to always like the rain and cloudy-ness. I think it is because growing up, my mom loved (still does) the rain, and so when she was in a good mood...so was I.
But lately the weather has been getting me down. Yesterday the sun came out and the sky was blue, and I felt like a cloud on my mind had been lifted! I went on a hike, cleaned my car, and some other stuff on my 'to-do' list.

But I must say...cold here is like 40 deg. I remember complaining because growing up in So. Cali, it would be like 75deg on Christmas.

May some light (if not the actual sun) warm your face today Gabe.

Grey