Notices

3 weeks today

Old 07-29-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks today

3 weeks today since I last had a drink. It's been a bit of a roller coaster (as I expected) with some great days and some that have not been so good. I'm having a run of not so good days at the moment. Feeling lethargic, grumpy, a little angry at times and a little depressed.

I don't know about you but the weekend seems to be harder for me to deal with. There's the obvious association with drinking (I was always a weekend drinker) but also the fact that when I don't have the formalities of work to deal with I sometimes struggle to know what to do with myself and this leaves me with too much time to think. This is not a problem when I'm feeling good and motivation is strong but really tough to get through when your feeling 'below par'.

I know this will pass and I need to be patient and am fully aligned with the notion that I have to change in many other areas of my life. It's not just about giving up drinking!

I am adamant that I have had my last drink and that my username, Julynine, will be one of the most important dates in my life. The truth of the matter is, after literally hundreds of attempts at quitting drinking I just can't put myself or my family through this again. We all deserve a better life!

Thanks for listening

Julynine
Old 07-29-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I hope it works out Julynine,

Working on those things outside of stopping drinking is important, it's what i think helps me maintain sobriety .

If the lack of work formality is difficult could you do something to add that in those difficult times ? something that would add rythm and routine to your day(s) ?

Bestwishes, M
Old 07-29-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Congratulations! It gets better as time goes on. I am at 2 months and I know my mood, energy, attitude have all improved vastly from the 3 week point. Do you have hobbies? Running/Working out help my mood tremendously. Playing guitar also helped me think of things besides drinking.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi July9,

In having SR, and the Internet (for that matter) at our finger tips, I sometimes think at how fortunate I am to have access to "resources", tools, ideas, "penpals", support, right there at the click of a button.

On the weekends I frequently look up festivals that are happening around the city...new restaurants, antique roadshows, food markets, concerts in the park, etc. These are things I never made it to in the past because I couldn't get my butt out of bed.

I seek these things out for myself...and in the times we live in now, it couldn't be any easier.

Doing this gets me outside of my own head when it gets too noisy
Old 07-29-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes you and yor faimly do deserve a future without addiction.
I'm pleased to see that is going to happen....
Old 07-29-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done my friend! Keep up the good work! Try to remember that quitting is NOT easy but you ARE doing it!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Awesome stuff

Keep going strong.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations, and thanx for posting here! It's been hard for me too these days, but I keep strong, hoping it will pass. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting! Congratulations
Old 07-29-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

some great suggestions here July9 - congratulations on your 3 weeks

D