Any advice or ideas for counseling?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

Any advice or ideas for counseling?

He finally made an appointment for tom at 11am for a counseling meeting. I am nervous to be in the same room with him, but not really as nervous with a counselor, or witness is what I like to call it.

However, I want to make it count. I don't want to say the wrong things.
I want to keep the focus on our kids and how to keep moving forward for our kids.
I want to talk about how to get him to move forward and accept the fact that I am no longer going to still live in the relationship with him.
I want to talk about when he is going to move out of my home. He won't get out of my home, and I am thinking I may have to evict him, I don't want to do that - if anyone else has had a problem with this - please - I need others input!!

I don't want to talk about my alcoholism or his addiction to marijuana - I don't want to keep living and talking about the past. Is this the right direction to take??
Old 07-25-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I want to keep the focus on our kids and how to keep moving forward for our kids.
I want to talk about how to get him to move forward and accept the fact that I am no longer going to still live in the relationship with him.
I want to talk about when he is going to move out of my home. He won't get out of my home, and I am thinking I may have to evict him, I don't want to do that - if anyone else has had a problem with this - please - I need others input!!
Perhaps write these things down and tell the counselor that these are the things you want to focus on. And then if the conversation heads in another direction, state again that these are the things that are important to you.

If anyone is listening, they will get the message. If they are not, it doesn't matter much what you say.

Good luck dear.

Hugs
Old 07-25-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Ann. Make a list of key points you want to address and go to the appointment with the list. I remember when I did counseling with my boyfriend, I would go in there thinking of all of these things I want to talk about, and then either forget them, or get wrapped up in wherever direction the conversation took. I would leave the appointment thinking, oh great I didn't even get to talk about x,y, and z..what a waste of time.

Best of luck!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Can you and the kids move out?