lies lies lies lies lies UGH

Old 07-09-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lies lies lies lies lies UGH

At a lunch&learn today, the speaker advised us that new colleagues and future clients might google us. The speaker told us to go home and google ourselves so we'd be prepared to answer any questions.

I googled myself and found out that XABF's facebook picture is still him kissing me on the forehead. We broke up MORE THAN TWO MONTHS AGO. W.T.F delusional CREEP keeps that as his profile picture!?!?!?

This creeptastic discovery of course led to me googling XABF. I guess I am a crappy googler, because I swear I googled the man in the first few weeks of us dating and I at that time did not discover his MULTIPLE(!!!) mugshots.

It gets better. We celebrated his 4 year anniversary of sobriety this fall. He took me to his home group meeting where he got a cake and everyone told him how amazing he is. ONE OF HIS ARRESTS IS FOR A DUI AND RESISTING ARREST IN MARCH 2010.

I know I shouldn't care. I am finally free. And I know shouldn't have looked today and I definitely won't ever look in the future. But my goodness I feel so angry and lied to and betrayed and foolish and gullible all over again. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you should get a cake and celebrate being free of this psycho.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Seriously, I knew the guy had lied to *me* about things, but it hadn't even crossed my mind that he'd been lying to his own home group about his years of sobriety. He used to get all high and mighty about how his AA friendships were "more real" than my friendships because AA was "based on complete honesty" whereas my own friends were "just normal humans".

I am completely dumbfounded.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah well, people who make a habit out of lying don't usually just lie to one person.

L
Old 07-09-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can imagine you are completely dumbfounded. It's not easy to unravel the mysteries only to find you had been conned. Just know the person he is conning the most is himself.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He sounds like a Lifetime Movie waiting to happen. I'm so glad you are away from him and the madness.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support, everyone!! Sam, I am currently finishing this delicious chocolate cake.

I did know that there were DUIs. Fortunately (salvaging a silver lining here), I didn't uncover any scary/violent/completely shocking charges..."just" that XABF had lied about how many and how recent the DUIs were.

And the pictures!! Hahahahaha. The camera sure did that drunkard no favors.

Note to self: from now on google Firstname Lastname Mugshot *before* going out with a guy....