Notices

Cravings... haven't had that in a while

Old 06-30-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cravings... haven't had that in a while

Well I do today.

Not sure why. Woke up kind of nostalgic this morning, started thinking of my old apartment. Of the grocery store across the park from which I used to buy beer and junk food.

Before I knew it, I was thinking it might be fun to do a serious drinking session. For old time's sake. A 12 might be a bit much since I'm out of drinking shape, but something keeps whispering that a 6 couldn't hurt.

I have a liquor store about three blocks away. Good thing they don't have anything I like...

I've made some food. Bought spicy sausage by mistake but I paid money for it so I have to eat it. Made some tea. I'll see what happens.

Was hoping to get some work done since I've got an article to write and I slacked off yesterday. Or maybe I'll just get wasted. Only time will tell, I'll let you guys know.

Sorry for rambling, had to vent.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good ramble though! I think that way a lot; I have only just over three weeks. You mentioned a six pack and my drinking gears started spinning, salivating like a dog, except I also had to laugh at myself, because I just KNOW six beers would be far far too few. Ride them out, post them away!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you find a way to get through the day sober.

How about going outside and enjoying some sunshine?
Old 06-30-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, if I didn't make it clear enough, like Anna, I send my hope ad prayers that you don't pick up. I think of those cravings as mosquitos buzzing in my ear. Swat them away. Stay strong, Someguy!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

so what would you do after the six pack? Wake up hungover with a headache and tons of regret that you did not write the article? Only one way focus on what needs to be don and buy some cake or ice cream....
Old 06-30-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe you'll get lucky and have a drinking dream...then you can wake up with relief that you are still not drinking!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

I had some serious cravings yesterday. I knew I couldn't get away with how easy I had it the last few weeks. My thought was to just through the day. Cravings are gone for now with the new day. Sometimes I think beating this is about living to fight another day.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think it's gone. Food helped, music helped (even though the music was about drinking), basically just riding it out and ignoring it. No idea where the urge to get drunk came from.

Trying to do some work, taking a break now. Feeling relaxed (sort of).

PS
Originally Posted by SASA
so what would you do after the six pack? Wake up hungover with a headache
Not sure it's a good thing, but I'm not prone to hangovers. I've had some big ones, but those were from 15+ drinks, a 6-pack wouldn't even register with me the next day.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Someguy,
Good for you for riding it out. I think most of us get a bit nostalgic about our drinking days, to be honest the good drinking days are so overshadowed by the bad ones, the shameful ones the nostalgia is short lived.

I agree with Anna though get out and get some exercise and relatively fresh air, could help with writing the article as well.

Stay Strong

Love
CaiHong