Were any of you like this?

Old 06-23-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Were any of you like this?

I am still living with my AH due to finances, I am thinking I will be able to move by August if not sooner. My question is I feel so wiped out. Its like my brain needs rest, no other way to describe it. I don't feel like going anywhere, I don't get sleep like a normal sleep pattern so I am sure that has to do with it. He stays up all night now and I have started staying up later due to that but I continue to wake up early and can't go back to sleep. He drinks everyday and the past few days he has used pot heavily so its been a harder time. But even before that I am just mentally drained, I have really bad headaches and feel so very overwhelmned. My AH is drawing unemployment so he never goes anywhere, so I am just here with this person 24/7. I am normally not like this at all. I can take care of alot of things and keep going under pressure but this has just took me to my knees. Is there steps in leaving an A that would help? I want to get somewhere where there is peace again. Its having the energy left to get there.
Thanks for listening.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Rhonda, I understand where you are at, I've been there myself at time too. Have you been to Al-Anon? Going would be for you and not for him. Do you have support? Family or friends who can come along side you?
Old 06-23-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rhonda, go the forum and read what Learn2Live just posted on boundaries, it will help.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rhonda, by the time I ended the madness with my xabf I was exhausted.

I was in the process of moving, when we intitally broke up, I did it all by myself, it was soooo difficult, I couldn't get orgnaized, it felt overwhelming, I was packing and driving stuff over to the new house for 4 days.

If you have a few good friends or some family, maybe ask them if they could give you a hand.

There is peace on the other side of this.

Being involved with an alcoholic is exhausting.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In answer to your question,
Yes. I was ,and kind of am sometimes still like this.

It's trauma.
And the exhaustion of dealing with a grown adult King Baby.

Mine is gone, supposedly started "dating", and I still look over my shoulder when I have the blasted energy to go out and see some of my friends, tend to some of my life.

It's trauma. ANd I have been reading up on rebuilding life after being emotionally abused, because, as hard as it is to admit, I have been rather damaged.

So, I dont want to be anymore.

Kepp posting.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Yes, it's utterly exhausting. The stress, the worry, the guilt, the fear.

The peace you seek is out there, trust me on that one.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all. fedup.. I went an read the readnlearn post on boundaries. I actually have that book. I will have to get it back out and read it. I am a incest survivor so I have read a lot and one of the readings was on boundaries. Initially I thought I had been exposed to acholoism but I now know I was not in fact around a true A. I attended Alanon a few years ago but it was for me not really a relationship. Now I have experienced an AH and I guess my upbringing and prior abuse fit right with an A. Anyway it helps to know that what I am feeling is typical. Thank you for sharing.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Anyway it helps to know that what I am feeling is typical. Thank you for sharing.
And you can get better. You will get better.

:ghug3

Beth
Old 06-23-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have the same issues though my AH is not unemployed. But on the days we are home together I find myself tiptoeing about just trying not to poke the bear. Not because I'm afraid of him but because when I get that exhausted I tend to forget about the boundary thing and take the bait when he instigates an arguement.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Rhonda,

He is sucking the life right out of you.

I completely understand how you are feeling.

The sooner you can move out, the better.

You are in an exhausted state of mind.

Keep the focus on you. And keep your eye on the door, it's your ticket to freedom.

Hugs to you, try and get some rest, and remember just breathe......
Old 06-23-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Your emotional self is running a marathon. While it may seem that no one is there to see to cross that finish line, your body is telling you it is running a huge race. Listen to it. Take care of yourself!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Rhonda,

I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue a few months before I left AXH. That's the result of living with constant stress and the body pumping out stress hormones as if every second is a crisis.

It's not just in your head. Your mind AND your body is taking a beating from the stress you're living under. I hope you can get out in August.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by rhondaseven View Post
I am still living with my AH due to finances, I am thinking I will be able to move by August if not sooner. My question is I feel so wiped out. Its like my brain needs rest, no other way to describe it. I don't feel like going anywhere, I don't get sleep like a normal sleep pattern so I am sure that has to do with it. He stays up all night now and I have started staying up later due to that but I continue to wake up early and can't go back to sleep. He drinks everyday and the past few days he has used pot heavily so its been a harder time. But even before that I am just mentally drained, I have really bad headaches and feel so very overwhelmned. My AH is drawing unemployment so he never goes anywhere, so I am just here with this person 24/7. I am normally not like this at all. I can take care of alot of things and keep going under pressure but this has just took me to my knees. Is there steps in leaving an A that would help? I want to get somewhere where there is peace again. Its having the energy left to get there.
Thanks for listening.
Thank you so much for sharing this. It describes what I have been going through and reminds me that I need to go slow, take care of myself, and allow myself to just BE. I don't have to change me; I am OK just as I am.