Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello friends,
Just want to say hello to everyone on the site. Im on 3 weeks of sobriety from alcohol and 4 days off of Copenhagen, boy im i little pissy(is this what pms feels like). Well guys alittle bit about myself I'm 30, father of 3, and a lucky husband to have a wife to put up with all of my drunktard. Its TIME PEOPLE! I'm done.
Heres my list to stop drinking
1~ Last month i did the best impression of a trapeze artists (without the trapeze) into a side walk. So, then there goes acouple weeks walking around with a elbow the size of a grapefruit.
2~ I cannot believe i haven't gotten a dwi. I mean seriously wtf.
3~ the "incident" got drunk at work all day on a Saturday in 100 degree weather (which isnt uncommon where i work) then spent the remainder of the evening in a hot tub. The next day was a complete disaster. I mean i thought i was going to die, literary thought i was going to puke up my butt hole. I mean the none stop vomiting, the squirts, and oh god dont forget the panic. I even went to the ER.
4~15 years of beer every day left me with high enzymes in my liver. (Hip hip hooray for that little precious gem of news i got today). Go back and check to see if i have alcoholic hepatitis in 3 months. Love LLLLLOOVVE going to wait around for that one.
5~ my sweet baby boys and my beautiful wife. I have to say i love them more than beer. They koo..
WITHDRAWAL SUCKS!
Im very nauseous, most of the day i look like a cat trying to hack up a hair ball. I find myself thinking "geeze this candy bar is going to actually taste pretty good coming up" or " why did i just eat this huge helping of roast beef and potatoes! It's going to be like puking a brick! ".
Wow do i get agitated/angry. I particularly dont like this little devil of emotion. I just want to scream at the top of my lungs. (I would but im afraid of puking ).
Panic attacks really sucks! I feel like john conner and the terminator is out there gunning for my a**… i had one earlier, the hair on top of my head started to tingle and then i got light headed.
This forum is a great inspiration and this is the first time im admitting my alcoholism to strangers. Hopefully i can give some contribution to the site!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Welcome! Sounds like you have a lot of reasons to get sober. Detox is normal but sucks. Hang In there. This is a great place for support.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((boh)) - Welcome to SR and congrats on your sober time!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-21-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You might be going through hell but you write a pretty funny story. Three weeks is a good long time but you have a way to go as you can tell. Hang in there. You are paying the price of admission to a life that is a great deal happier and more meaningful. You will get a lot of similar advice here from people that have been or are exactly where you are. There isn't anything you have done that hasn't been done before. The lists of stupidities for all of us is long and detailed. At least it has brought you to your senses. Remember this list as you go along to give you pause along the way. Remember why you are doing what you are doing.

Have you thought of AA? I am not currently doing that but you will get a lot of advice in that direction. I did AA my first time around and it was extremely helpful. You will find others in the same boat and it can be quite comforting.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

wow--great first post--very, um, vivid....

thanks for some reminders on why I should make tomorrow day 10 of sobriety!

welcome and good luck to you--feel better soon.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, I'm glad you found us.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi boh! Welcome to the family. It's a good feeling to know we're not alone in this - it made all the difference to me. People actually got what I was going through - never thought that would happen! We're happy to be with you on this journey, as you reclaim your life.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

A sense of humour is a great tool - I think you'll do ok
good to have you here Boh

D
Old 06-21-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! Sobriety is so worth it!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome boh -

Congratulations on your 3 weeks! It gets a little better every day, so hang in there!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

Hi boh,
I had alcoholic hepatitis and ended up in the ER. It's temporary and goes away if you stop the boozing (at least in my case).
Old 06-21-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hi and welcome to the site! Lol about your description of the nausea and the runs. I swear. After i would get done with the 24 hours of problems with the north end of my body my south end decided it wasn't getting enough negative attention so woohoo! Thar she blows!

Keep that sense of humor. It'll help quite a bit but don't let it mask the realness you're going to go through. Some people get mired in anger or sadness, some cover it with laughs and brush it off. For me personally, i find that actively seeking a balance keeps me sane and sober. Do you have a sobriety plan? Perhaps AA or something similar? You'll find a lot of the AA speakers incorperate humor into their very real stories. I guess it's that spoon full of sugar, right? Daily AA meetings got me through the very early part of my sobriety and continued AA is keeping me on the straight and narrow. Good people, great insight and just wonderful fellowship. Whatever you end up doing just make sure you HAVE A PLAN! Sobriety doesn't just happen, lol. Look forward to seeing you around!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi there, welcome! The biggest change I've noticed in just 5 weeks is more patience and loads less anger and agitation! Gone, almost completely! U can do it, it's SO hard but SO worth it! All the best
Old 06-22-2012, 01:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
Hi and welcome to the site! Lol about your description of the nausea and the runs. I swear. After i would get done with the 24 hours of problems with the north end of my body my south end decided it wasn't getting enough negative attention so woohoo! Thar she blows!

Keep that sense of humor. It'll help quite a bit but don't let it mask the realness you're going to go through. Some people get mired in anger or sadness, some cover it with laughs and brush it off. For me personally, i find that actively seeking a balance keeps me sane and sober. Do you have a sobriety plan? Perhaps AA or something similar? You'll find a lot of the AA speakers incorperate humor into their very real stories. I guess it's that spoon full of sugar, right? Daily AA meetings got me through the very early part of my sobriety and continued AA is keeping me on the straight and narrow. Good people, great insight and just wonderful fellowship. Whatever you end up doing just make sure you HAVE A PLAN! Sobriety doesn't just happen, lol. Look forward to seeing you around!
Wooo hooo for me 3:30 in the morning and woke up wide awake, yay..... as far as my plan goes im just dropping any gateways back into my old life stile. Im a boss at work so no more drinking rule. My wife dosent drink, so I'm good on the home front.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to hear you so positive, boh. You can do it.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

one of my tricks is to read my original postings. when you think its o.k. to drink again, which is normal, go back and read this. great to have you.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Still sober!!!
Old 06-02-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's really great news Boh -congratulations
D
Old 06-03-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Fantastic!!