Down the drain.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Down the drain.

I'll try to make this short, I have a freind, 25 years, her bother called me last week, we had lunch, he proceeded to tell me she had been locked up in a psyche ward in April, 10 days. She never said a word to me. She was psychotic and paranoid, not sure what the dx is, don't care. I have seen her several times since then, she seemed okay, but I have been weary.

She came over today, started telling me this story about being watched, she told me she had been 5150'ed, she was not making sense, I told her I did not understand what she was trying to say, blah blah blah. She began to get aggressive, I told her, I was worried and something was wrong, to which she started telling me I didn't believe her, I was part of it, her brother was too, banging her fists on my counter, throwing things at me, she said she was leaving, I said okay, she said I was a ******* bitch, slammed the door, honestly I was more worried about my puppy than her.

I waited about 20 mins, called her, asked her is she got home okay, she told me she was fine, that our friendship was over, that I was a ******* bitch, she wished me the best, oh yeah, I bet you do, I told her if I wanted to be abused I could call my xabf. 25 years. Anyway, I have been a mess all day, how can I help her, should I notify someone, etc etc, I am such a codie, it makes me sick. God keeps showing me, I feel awful today, and tired, the freaking psychos keep finding me and abusing me, and I let them. That's my story, I need hugs.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((hugs))

It sounds like your friend is psychotic/paranoid...hopefully her family will help get her back to the hospital. Don't feel bad, you are not attracting this stuff on purpose...it just happens.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey
hug

i hate work but love it.

You know why.

(((hugs)))

yea.,chaos stinks.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

She looked so sad and so pitiful.

It aches.

Thank you so much guys. Thank you.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One of the things that hurt so much is that I felt like just like I felt when my A abused me. Horrible. Ya know, people you care about are so lost , it hurts. Love stinks. It just stinks.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Indeed.

there are ideals. they never die.

we do what we can.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How upsetting, Katiekate. Any person out of control and violent is deeply upsetting and generates all our flight or fight adrenaline. We have to protect ourselves from them no matter what. So stay away, keep away. God knows what she's on, and my guess is she is treating everybody the same way, the gas station attendant, the bus driver, everybody watch out.

You did not cause it. Cannot cure it.

But you can choose to stay away, just as you stay away from abf.

It's not your fault these people are crazy. Keep weeding them out.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EnglishGarden View Post
How upsetting, Katiekate. Any person out of control and violent is deeply upsetting and generates all our flight or fight adrenaline. We have to protect ourselves from them no matter what. So stay away, keep away. God knows what she's on, and my guess is she is treating everybody the same way, the gas station attendant, the bus driver, everybody watch out.

You did not cause it. Cannot cure it.

But you can choose to stay away, just as you stay away from abf.

It's not your fault these people are crazy. Keep weeding them out.
I will, thank you.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Sounds like paranoia. Could be mental illness, could be active drug use. Take a deep breath, call a friend, go to a meeting. It is OK to just do nothing.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry you're having a difficult time :ghug3
Old 06-17-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You don't deserve that at all. You're such a sweet person, several times I've wished you lived here so you could come over for tea. This all hurts
so much. It hurts to love and get abuse in return.
I'm sending you warm wishes and hope for the future. ((hugs))
Old 06-17-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Katie,

Your friend is in the middle of some mental breakdown/illness.

Sounds like she needs help, but unless you are a trained psych or Dr., best to leave it to the professionals.

Sure hope your friend gets the help she needs.

Many years ago, I had a friend that went off the rails, she called one day talking in some " secret code" because "the office of the President of the USA," had tapped her phone, because she was falsely using coupons at the grocery store. Just out of the blue she lost it. Very disturbing.

Hugs to you katie, you are such a sweet person.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm thinking she either needs her meds adjusted or has gone off them completely.

Please remember that this is not the person you once knew. She can't help the way she feels and she truly does feel the paranoia and BELIEVES the things she says.
I personally would call one of her family members for no other reason than she may be a danger to herself or others.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I've had to let go of a lot of people in my life who were very important to me. Both family and friends. I know 25 years is a lot of years. I was always a very sentimental person and loyal friend. But I've found it is best if I keep bringing my self back to the Present Moment. Who is this person RIGHT NOW? What has my relationship with this person evolved into? Is this person ADDING to my life or TAKING from my life? I have had to let go of many pasts I cherished. It's hard at first, very hard. But it is worth it.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've been told many times that I shouldn't leave because of the promise to the commitment I made to the relationship. That was the main reason I stayed-because my first marriage failed, I didn't want to fail another one. I wanted to be the person who could stand by her man through thick or thin.

Over the last week, it dawned on me that I don't want to marry a man who is having an affair with alcohol. It has become his mistress & I'm tired of competing. He has offered something to the relationship but not enough good stuff to make me wanna stay.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I've been told many times that I shouldn't leave because of the promise to the commitment I made to the relationship.
I imagine it is the alcoholic or some other person with unhealthy thinking who says this kind of thing to you. Make a commitment to your SELF.