Notices

Addiction is f**king ugly

Old 06-15-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addiction is f**king ugly

Thats the truth people, its nothing like "Celebrity Rehab" Its dirty, its a liar, and there is nothing glamorous about it. Apparently my recent posts struck too close to home with some of you, good. Truth is that sometimes unless "we feel pain" we cant be reasoned with. I applaud those who took a stand and objected to the content. But misdirected valor is just that, isnt it? If that was a video of Miss Lohan or Charlie Sheen Im pretty sure things would be different. What I posted was REAL way too REAL. Just sayin....

P.S. I would like to thank a new friend for the title.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree. A couple months back I even wrote a blog post regarding "glorifiying addiction". Addiction is ugly as hell. My heart goes out to you & your beautiful daughter. Thanks for your insights, Stu.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I want to thank you so much for posting the video. It really hit home for me. I liked to combine pills and alcohol and I'm sure there have been times I was veggie-like. It scares me to think my children could have found me in a similar state.

Thank you again...
Old 06-15-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting that. Scary stuff. I have a cousin that just od'd on oxy last week. She was brought back to life via a narcon shot and she is right back at it. It is heartbreaking. Hope your daughter is okay and gets the help she needs.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

agreed... we are all here because we have lived the horrors of addiction. There is no disputing that addiction is pretty f*****g ugly.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stugotz, sorry your posts were removed I found the post about your daughter very upsetting but, by trying to imagine what you're going through and how you must be feeling right now, it put a fresh perspective on my own situation and how my own family could suffer if anything happens to me (even though I believe they would be better off without me right now). It also brought me back to when I was a young teenager, and waking up to see my own dad crying over me after I took an intentional OD of sleeping pills and benzodiazepines. I hadn't thought about that day in such a long time and it reminds me that perhaps I am cared for?

How is she today?

Thank you Stugotz.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I didn't even watch it....I saw the picture and that was enough to break my heart...I think there was another thread on Rain on my Heart...Didn't watch that either....Intervention?...Nah.....I think the horror of my own past is enough to keep me sober....But I did pray for you and your beautiful daughter...And your family...And I'll continue to do so.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

The original thread was closed and removed, by me, under this rule.

3. Breaching of privacy: Solicitation of names and addresses or other personal information for commercial purposes or, in the case of minors, for any purpose. Revealing personal information, including e-mail addresses, about other members that would identify them in the real world and which they have not otherwise made public online. This includes posting the contents of emails, private messages, private phone conversations, private letters, and/or any other private information that has not been shared on the forums by the member/non-member personally.

Do not post offline personal contact information (ie. your home address, phone numbers, email address etc.) and do not ask for personal information from others. Modify your member profile in the Control Panel at the top left corner of the forum to set privacy settings for your account. Use of full names (your first and last name) is allowed but strongly discouraged. This is to protect your security and identity.
As this thread is based on a false premise, we're done.

If anyone wants to argue with me, I'll be back on Monday.

my prayers go out to your daughter Stugotz - I hope this can be her turning point.
D