Notices

Day 3!

Old 05-30-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3!

It felt great this morning to wake up this morning - the beginning of day 3!

I went for a short run this morning (my body is still sore from yesterday's workout!) and in a little bit, I'll be riding my bike to meet some friends for breakfast before work, and I will choose a healthy option because I'm not hungover!

I work two jobs today and because I'm riding my bike, no chance of stopping at the liquor store on the way home tonight. I will come home, make a healthy ( but easy) dinner, then read my book before heading to an early bed time!

What's everyone else's plan for today?
Old 05-30-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, I'll be cooking up Monday's leftovers, well, after I've been to the shops and got some milk, and maybe a few sausages to go with them. Other than that, off to my FLGS for a bit of fun later. And not calling in the pub because I've got there early. They'd have my drink poured almost before I'd sat down... I didn't have to ask for one, and they didn't have to ask what I wanted.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angela1234 View Post
It felt great this morning to wake up this morning - the beginning of day 3!

What's everyone else's plan for today?
Going for an early morning run sounds like a wonderful start to Day 3!

Also Day 3 for me. Wish I could run but will take a nice brisk walk instead! Priority today is taking care of what I need. Some of the things on that long list of things to do that aren't related to my staying sober may just be postponed. First things first.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you both on day three. That third and fourth day was always tough for me.
Feeling better, look better functioning normaly-hey! I can drink!

So please be midful and aware. Think that first drink through to the end.

Best to you both.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy day 3! I like your plan; being active helps so much. I skipped my workout this morning but plan to hit the gym later and run with my son this evening.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3.... I will have a run this morning also. At noon I will be in meeting and then its packing and more packing. I am relocating soon Have a good day!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How did everyone do today? I was successful in what I set out to do:
1) don't drink *check
2) exercise * check
3) eat healthy * check

It's amazing to me how good I can feel in just three days! People are noticing a huge difference at work in my energy level too - in not hung over so I'm generally happier with higher energy! This is the kind of person I want to be every day.
Goodnight all!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 2 here for me! Congrats on Day 3! I woke up with a lot of anxiety, so called in sick to work. I spent the day reading suggested books on sobriety and the evening cooking. So far, so good. I had a teary moment thinking about the time I missed out on, and people I pushed away over the years. And for my parents, who still struggle with physiological and emotional effects of years of alcohol use (some current). Now hanging out with boyfriend and dogs.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Clean again after 3 long years

Angela I am on Day 3 too!! Congrats on finally making the effort! You're doing way healthier things now than I am though, I'm still withdrawing and I find sleeping is the best way to help. We can do this, one day at a time!