Notices

This new life can't be built in a day....

Old 05-25-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

This new life can't be built in a day....

Ahhhh yet another great day awaits. Sunny warm and sober!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning my thoughts today after last nights great lead, are of not to worry about what I have not done in my recovery. My new life cant simply be built in a day or in this 5 months and 25 days. . I have had great examples and people in my program to lead me along a great path. For me I had to take my AA program slowly , a little at a time. That doesnt mean I was there a little at a time at first I was doing more than 90 in 90. But I was not rushing the process of reeducating my mind. I am still each day learning to think differently. Its a huge change for my mind to think sober instead of all full of distorted realities. And my old alcoholic mind can slip in on me when I least expect it. Sneaking devils ******* !!!!!!!!!. My disease only wants one thing from me , ME - for it wants me dead. It doesnt care how car wreck, fight, or the worst a slow alcoholic death which definatly was my path.

But now today I am continuing to build my foundation. My life of the 4 absolutes. Honesty,Faith, Love, Purity. I may never perfect but the joy is in the building of the foundation. For this life is just so much better already then the last 20 some years of the roller coaster ride of addiction. And also it was honestly just to much freaking work to maintain that lifestyle. So I came into the rooms of AA to get sober, and what I am receiving is so much more than I ever could of imagined. For now I became truly honest with myself, so now I can be of use to others. And that is the greatest reward I could think of. The feeling of helping another drunk is just a feeling I cant put into words.

Well with that, enough babbling from me today on this May 25th. Go out and enjoy your day.

And while you are out ,Smile cause sobriety looks good on YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good love, Inda
Old 05-25-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Inda! Good luck with today, hope it's fabulous!
Old 05-25-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Wow what a day. Friday night and 9:30 and I am ready for bed. LOL I love this sober life.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well great weekend so far. Lots of yard work done. And now on sunday time to fry up some chicken with scalloped potato and buttered carrots.

Have a lovely sober time all.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi. havn't been on in a few days, you really echo how I feel. Last time I drank was April 1st, all fools day, 8 weeks ago today. I feel bloody marvellous. Just got back from a bbq at a friends. it was great. am now off to bed and really tired, in a lovely way. I got a puppy last Wednesday and it is everything I expected. Feel great. Loved your "smile, soberity suits you". I really think it does. Take care. Have a good week.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
But I was not rushing the process of reeducating my mind. I am still each day learning to think differently. Its a huge change for my mind to think sober instead of all full of distorted realities.
That quote really hits the mark for me. When I learned that it was withing my ability to turn my life around, I became eager to learn more. I would read everything about alcoholism and how to arrest a problem that made my life a hellish existence. At first my recovery tool box as small, but as I kept adding to it, so did the quality of my life increase. What I did not have knowledge about in active alcoholism was killing me, it is the education of how to live free of alcohol/drugs is what is saving me.

Thanks for the post Inda .
Old 05-27-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

My pleasure bother .