Notices

Remember the drink is our weakness. :)

Old 05-27-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Remember the drink is our weakness. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying there weekend. Just to throw out the reminder that alcohol is most of our weakness. Some her struggle with other substance abuse, I used everything personally but it always came down to drinking to get everything else started.

We suffer from mental conflicts which I look for escape through the drink. Pushing away all reality for a moment. Dont let it get you now.

We can enjoy life sober.

Smile cause sobriety looks good on you.

Good love, Inda
Old 05-27-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ah yes! The allure of the temporary release from stress is so tempting to me now in early sobriety.
But I have to remind myself of how much my drinking has hurt me and those around me. I don't drink in a normal or healthy way. I drink to escape, I drink to forget, I drink to feel something other than what I am feeling right now.

If I don't drink I don't have to worry about my life continuing to spiral downwards in years to come while creating depression, chaos, and self-loathing in its wake.
Thanks for the reminder!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Have fun all and stay on the right side.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

For me, alcoholism was but a symptom of my underlying disease. It wasn't until i was able to blast through the fog of alcohol and begin to deal with the monsters under my bed that i've been able to gain any real feeling of sobriety. Alcohol let me hide from the real problems. I drank because i was too scared to deal with what i was feeling. I didn't know how to and i was lost. When i started dealing with my alcoholism, i discovered that it was the tip of the iceburg. Now, in sobriety, i can see everything with crystal clarity and i'm beginning to get my house in order. It's not easy, but it feels good to know i'm finally making real progress.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It sure is my weakness! You know what I was thinking about for the first time in years -- The first time I had a drink, I drank until I blacked out. It just occurred to me last week that I should have figured it out back then, but I saw nothing wrong with it at the time. I wasn't drinking often, but every time I did drink, I went dangerously overboard. I guess it's true that some people just can't drink. I'm one of them. (thanks for the booze gene, Grandma, Uncle Henry, et al)