Notices

Yoga & Meditation

Old 05-17-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yoga & Meditation

I just looked up what is offered at my Recreation Centre so when I get home I am going to do the drop in to Power Yoga & Hatha Yoga to become more flexible and the Power Yoga is also strength training.I haven't done Yoga since I was like 19 and I am 55 now so time to get back into shape.

Funny I was talking to a musician friend here yesterday on the Island (Mexico) who I see everyday on the Malecon running and working out.He doesn't drink,excercises and meditates and is very successful as a musician (recording his first album too).Anyway he was telling me how he meditates every day and I never asked him how he does it as I do not know if it takes training or what.So I was thinking about it last night and how I would like to learn to quiet my mind and relax myself as I have alot of anxiety .So this morning I wake up and go on Facebook (I know I am addicted to it).So one of my Facebook friends put this on and I thought I would share it with all of you guys:

Why not take a meditation break right now, wherever you're sitting? You don't need to do anything special to set the stage for your 5-minute vacation—just sit comfortably and move your focus inward. This contemplation meditation is an opportunity to focus your "thinking mind" on the mystery of being.

Here's how to try it: Sit back in your chair so that your back is completely supported. Face your hands on your knees with your palms facing, up to open your awareness, or facing down, to calm the mind. As you inhale, silently say "so" to yourself and as you exhale, say "hum." These words mean "I am that"—in other words, they are an affirmation of your existence.

Once you've established the "so hum" rhythm, begin to contemplate the source of your breath: Where is your breath coming from? Through visualization, contemplate the 5 billion human beings and countless creatures on Earth being fed by the same tidal rhythm of the breath.

I hope this might help anyone that is thinking about doing this also.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm actually planning on doing yoga and meditation as soon as I put my daughter down for her now...so this was a timely post for me! Thanks!