Notices

Day 2

Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Day 2...did not drink yesterday and hope to not today. I have been reading the posts ...I sense such despair but so much hope...Its still a bit overwhelming....this is the first time I have ever explored this kind of thing.
I did take a sleeping pill last night because I was really anxious about not being able to sleep without booze....I basically woke up in a bath of sweat..is this common during withdrawal? I am not shaky or anything ....I didnt drink hard liquor generally..... but I drank between 5 to 10 tall cans of beer a day and I am a fairly small woman.....

I am worried about friday and If I should treat myself to a few....sigh
Old 05-03-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Take it one hour at a time if you have to....it will get better as days go by. And NO...you won't be treating yourself, but tricking yourself if you do...hang in there!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

I wouldn't suggest treating yourself to something that has been creating problems in your life. Think about a well balanced yummy meal to prepare for yourself and maybe a lovely smoothie for dessert. Staying stopped is the key to sobriety!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Fellow day 2 here

I am also on day two. The sweats are common for me.

Very much worth at least going till day ten and reevaluate. I think you will feel very different and realize " treating " yourself to something would be to continue staying sober.

keep posting. Share your thoughts about all this and what it means to you. I am just learning that sharing helps. Not being a sharer myself very often.

Take care,

Ken
Old 05-03-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The weekends are hard for me too. It's easier for me during the work week, but on a Friday or Saturday night, especially if I don't have plans, it is very difficult to not go purchase a bottle of wine. Can you make plans to get out Friday night so you're not going to be alone with your thoughts?