Notices

Trying to get clean off Suboxne. Help!

Old 04-05-2012, 11:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to get clean off Suboxne. Help!

I don't know where else to turn. I met my boyfriend two years ago and he introduced me to Suboxne, and I never looked back. At first it was fun, it was different, and then I noticed that I was becoming dependent on them. And now I hate doing them, if I can't find them I get sick, and if I do the orange's they make me sick to my stomach. I only do about an eighth at a time. The 14th is our 2 year anniversary, but our relationship has been very emotionally abusive and I've been wanting to leave for a long time, but couldn't due to my addiction and not being able to feed it on my own. My parents used to know I was on them, but I had convinced them I had quit, so it would kill them if I told them I needed their help to stop. I'm terrified to go to rehab. I'd rather suffer at home, where I can take sleeping pills or get in my hot tub and be around my friends, then be in a cold, sterile room all by myself. I really don't know what else to do. I've been thinking about cutting down what I do drastically, and only doing it once a day, then quitting all together, but I'm not sure. I'd really like to speak with someone who has maybe gone through this or knows a little more than I do on the subject, and create a plan. I've read other blogs about people that have actually tapered themselves off of subs with little to no pain, and that's definitely something I am interested in doing, I just can't do it on my own.. :/ Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to hear any feedback. Thank you
Old 04-06-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

@Summer Welcome! Sorry you're feeling stuck as you are. You said you use an 8th at a time, which is 1mg - if you're talking full tablets or strips - which would be 1mg. Then you said cutting down to once a day. So how much do you typically use in a day? Most people jump at 1mg a day or sometimes .5mg a day.......when you're down to that point, it's really basically nothing you're putting into your body. A lot of it is psychological. You have to want to actually quit and be done with them. You may experience some slight withdrawals for a few days depending on what your dosage is and how frequently. I jumped at 1mg a day. There was a week or so of w/d, but it wasn't unbearable. I was on 3-5mg a day for a few years, then I got myself down to roughly 2-3mg a day, switched to Methadone at 5mg a day for 18 days, then did 8 days of Suboxone again at 1mg a day, then I jumped. Now I don't recommend that to anyone, it was my choice and theory, but it worked for me. Being on the 8 days of 1mg, I truly believe it's possible to jump there. But everyone is different. Clearly like me you can't talk to a doctor about it because it was not prescribed. At worst you will feel sick, like a bad cold or flu, and you'll probably crave it hard for a few days, but you won't be on your death bed, even if it feels like it for a bit. Sleep won't be too good most likely. But there's all kinds of things you can do to aid sleep. Don't be scared of jumping off though. You can totally beat it if you want to be done, just need to be strong for a few days. I'm at 42 days off Subs, it's great not to be enslaved anymore Good luck.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What about pains?

Maybe it's the fact that I'm not as healthy or strong as I used to be, but for example: I'm at half a tab a day and today, am waiting until I need it to take it. But already, I have a little bit of a runny nose and almost the same back pain (but less enduring) as when I would get the kicks from heroin withdrawal. I just cant deal with the back pains..I twist up like I have the kicks : ( did this ever happen to you?
Old 05-06-2012, 11:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

SummerSarah... ..WElcome

I never used subs...so I have no experience with what you are doing.
Hope you soon will be living drug free...