View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 11:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SummerSarah

Trying to get clean off Suboxne. Help!

I don't know where else to turn. I met my boyfriend two years ago and he introduced me to Suboxne, and I never looked back. At first it was fun, it was different, and then I noticed that I was becoming dependent on them. And now I hate doing them, if I can't find them I get sick, and if I do the orange's they make me sick to my stomach. I only do about an eighth at a time. The 14th is our 2 year anniversary, but our relationship has been very emotionally abusive and I've been wanting to leave for a long time, but couldn't due to my addiction and not being able to feed it on my own. My parents used to know I was on them, but I had convinced them I had quit, so it would kill them if I told them I needed their help to stop. I'm terrified to go to rehab. I'd rather suffer at home, where I can take sleeping pills or get in my hot tub and be around my friends, then be in a cold, sterile room all by myself. I really don't know what else to do. I've been thinking about cutting down what I do drastically, and only doing it once a day, then quitting all together, but I'm not sure. I'd really like to speak with someone who has maybe gone through this or knows a little more than I do on the subject, and create a plan. I've read other blogs about people that have actually tapered themselves off of subs with little to no pain, and that's definitely something I am interested in doing, I just can't do it on my own.. :/ Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to hear any feedback. Thank you