Notices

3 weeks this Sunday!

Old 04-05-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks this Sunday!

OK so I will have been sober three weeks this Sunday. Feeling good, although of course it's Easter and we are going out to a BBQ at which everyone will be drinking. I've already told my mates I'm not going to the pub tonight as well. Unfortunately the first response was 'you know you want to'. Why can't
others just accept I don't want to drink and leave it as that?
Anyway I'm feeling pretty hopeful that I will get through Easter sober.

Have a good Easter everyone.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well Done!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations! The only one who can decide if u will drink is YOU! With that being said, there is no reason to feel "hopeful"...feel certain! You will have a sober, and wonderful holiday weekend!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What's it all about, Alfie?? Couldn't resiste that. haha nice one - I am 3 weeks sober on Saturday - I'm feeling pretty good too. No interest to go out to get pissed at all. Planning healthier days out over easter - man, just a simple walk and picninc with the family beats getting wasted and then putting up with the week of shame - no more of that for me!

Maybe keep each other informed as we are at pretty much the same level??

Cheers
PD
Old 04-05-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Congratulations on 18 days!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProblemDrinker View Post
What's it all about, Alfie?? Couldn't resiste that. haha nice one - I am 3 weeks sober on Saturday - I'm feeling pretty good too. No interest to go out to get pissed at all. Planning healthier days out over easter - man, just a simple walk and picninc with the family beats getting wasted and then putting up with the week of shame - no more of that for me!

Maybe keep each other informed as we are at pretty much the same level??

Cheers
PD
Bit optimistic there..I should have said I'm INTO my 3rd week on Saturday..can't blame me for looking ahead lol!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TDP

congratulations on your 3 weeks keep it up. ps being sober watching drunk people can often be more entertaining than the drinking itself . im 3 weeks dry tomorrow
Old 04-06-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Alfie

If you feel at all unsure about whether you can stay sober at the BBQ - I'd cancel. There will be other BBQs.

I took time out from social events where alcohol would be a main factor - I waited until I was sure I could deal with anything, and deal with it sober.

I also had to change my social circle to a certain extent - most of the friends I had when I quit were friends bonded by drinking.

Those few months I took out were a good investment for me and I don't regret it.

Think about it - I'd want to be more than 'pretty hopeful' if I'm honest with you, alfie.

D
Old 04-06-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done Alfie. Don't let people bully you into drinking or going out if you don't feel up to it though. I find doing this for myself is hard enough without adding unsupportive people to the mix. Hope you have a fab sober weekend
Old 04-07-2012, 01:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dee74, thank you so much for the advice. I feel stronger and stronger through the positive comments I receive from SR.
Fortunately the weather is terrible so the bbq is cancelled. I never thought I'd be pleased to see rain!
Life seems so much brighter now(clearly not outside). I know it's early days but, If I can have the same desire to not drink that I did have for drinking, then I know I'll be ok! :-) Hope that makes sense? It's early here and I haven't had my full quota of coffee yet :-)
Old 04-07-2012, 01:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're on the right track alfie, for sure - have a good day

D