Notices

Day 50 . . I can't believe it. Yet March is upon us!

Old 02-25-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 50 . . I can't believe it. Yet March is upon us!

For a long time I never thought that I would be able to say this. The last time I went this long without a drink was fresh out of high school. For awhile I lost count of the days until I realized today is 50 days. The experiences I have gained in just that small period of time is amazing. I am so much more disciplined which has shined in my work. When I am not at gigs I am in the studio or having truly productive rehearsals. Pilates is a part of my life. My husband is so much less stressed not having to worry about what state I am in coming home. It is so much more peaceful. And yet I am about to walk into the heart of the beast. March. . . I am in a celtic rock band and needless to say even though St. Patty's Day is only on the 17th us Irish love to drag it into an all month alcoholic event. On the flip side we are so busy this time of year it goes by in a flash. Parade floats and double header gigs don't give us much time to truly party. I am looking forward to not being perpetually hung over for the whole season. Trying to play fiddle on flat bed truck rolling down main street sometimes in the rain after an all nighter has not been an easy task in the last three years. But this time I want to enjoy it and more importantly remember it. I am just a little scared but I think I would be more concerned if I wasn't scared.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 50 days Cat

I can imagine March is a big month gig wise for you - but there's no real reason why you can keep doing what you've been doing for the last 50 days

D
Old 02-26-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I am preparing myself in productive ways. Luckily my band mates are sober too. I am going to find ways to get around the usual holiday drinking triggers.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cat626

Congratulations on 50 days! Im Day 28.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on 50 cat, i like hf i'm on 4 weeks today, everything has been goin pretty good so far, but like u I'm a Paddy and i've never been sober on the 17th in 20 yrs, its playin on my mind a bit but i dont intend to drink, just enjoy the parade wit the kids and just leave it like that, we should just drink a load off green tea on the day lol. good luck wit it