Notices

Time line of my life by my drinking...

Old 02-14-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time line of my life by my drinking...

I didn't really start drinking until I was 23 and by the time I reach 29 I was getting out of control but didn't realize it until my early 30's that "hey I got a problem"...fast forward til now. I look back at pictures and I can tell the period of my life by my drinking...sounds crazy I know..its like my weight, I can do the same thing (cause I have always been up and down)...Its like I have this crazy time line of my life by my drinking and weight that I can recall periods...When I do look at pictures from my early days, back when I when could stop at one. I think where did that girl go and how did I get to here. Just a thought before bed..nite
Old 02-14-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nel68 View Post
I didn't really start drinking until I was 23 and by the time I reach 29 I was getting out of control but didn't realize it until my early 30's that "hey I got a problem"...fast forward til now. I look back at pictures and I can tell the period of my life by my drinking...sounds crazy I know..its like my weight, I can do the same thing (cause I have always been up and down)...Its like I have this crazy time line of my life by my drinking and weight that I can recall periods...When I do look at pictures from my early days, back when I when could stop at one. I think where did that girl go and how did I get to here. Just a thought before bed..nite
Like some crazy scrapebook of how much I drank or weighed and what was going on at that period of time in my life...ugh!...Do ya know what I mean by that?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's funny that you say that you can tell your drinking by your physical appearance. When I was in college, I drank an absurd amount of beer every week. As a result, I was about 20 pounds heavier and you could see it the most in my face. My disillusioned broke, unemployed post college years of active drinking manifested themselves in a much skinner physique from constantly skipping meals to use that money to drink instead of eat, a near-greenish complexion with lack of healthy color in the cheeks and a constantly bulging and puffy face from everyday epic painful hangovers. My face was also usually bright red when intoxicated. Now that I have stopped drinking for a few months, people can really tell the difference. I remember when I took a walk around the neighborhood a month ago, an older lady who I used to occasionally drink with said "You stopped drinking didn't you? I can tell! You look well!" Other people have also said that I look much healthier nowadays.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

I always gained weight with increased alcohol intake. Im 6'2 and weighed 180 lbs in early 2005....4 years of heavy drinking and little else I was at 250 lbs. I look back at Facebook photos from this period and I get sooo embarrassed because I didn't see it then. I stopped drinking about a year ago and I am back to 180 lbs. No dieting, or intensive excercise involved. That's how much I was drinking. I estimate I was consuming 3500 to 4000 calories a day...most of it from beer.