Notices

Oxy detox day 5

Old 02-13-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oxy detox day 5

Made it to day 5 without any Oxy. Still sucks but I'm over the hump. Please be encouraged if you are embarking on a similar venture. It is possible! Good luck!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm day 5/6 and I am miserable. I was using roxys/oxys I still hurt all over. Praying that I wake up tomorrow and feel at least reasonably human and no vomiting. How much were u using if I can ask? Seems to determine symptoms duration from what I've been reading.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm day 5/6 and I am miserable. I was using roxys/oxys I still hurt all over. Praying that I wake up tomorrow and feel at least reasonably human and no vomiting. How much were u using if I can ask? Seems to determine symptoms duration from what I've been reading.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about the vomiting. This is the one withdrawal symptom that I did not have. Believe me, I've had and am still having all the rest. Ugh.

About a year ago, I started on Vicodin (7.5/325) and then Vicoprofen (7.5/200) and was up to 90 mg a day of the later. Then, I dropped my tolerance down to about 30-45 mg a day of the hydrocodone as my injury moved into a chronic pain state. When I moved to Colorado and saw a new PM doc (after a reinjury), I switched to Percocet (10/325) and eventually got up to 50 mg a day. Not so much really, but its still painful to get off of it. So, I was on narcotic pain relievers for about 12.5 months and while the 90 mg of hydrocodone was only used during the early, acute phase of my herniation (in which it also happened that my wife was having a baby!), I'd say that the 50 mg of oxycodone in the Percs is an accurate assessment of my dependency).

Hope this helps. How many mg of oxy were you on per day?
Old 02-13-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you GTKS! I can say the same thing because I'm there now too over one week and through a weekend without using which used to be my toughest time. I am feeling so incredibly better than when I started so like you, I know it can be done. Hang in there everyone and keep it up. If you fall don't give up, just get up again and keep going. It can be done and it does get better, and easier, every day.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi,

My name is Tracey...This is the first time on any forum...so pls forgive me if i post in the wrong place, i can not firgure out how to start a new post.
1st i want to say thank you for sharing about your oxy free days and congrats. I hope you continue with your success.

i haven't been so lucky, I have taken 80-100 mgs per day for the past 5 years and in January of this year i went to an out patient detox place so i can get help getting off the oxy's well they put me on suboxen and i have to say that's even harder to get off of. So after 3 weeks of no oxy...once the suboxen was done ( which i weened off ) i was in bad shape. So yesterday I took an oxy UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I have spent many hours on the computer trying to find an outpatient detox facility in south florida that will get me off non narcoticly and without using my life savings.
Needless to say this isn't an easy task.
I am miserable...all i want is off these dang pills
I don't know what to do, who to turn to and when i try to detox myself i bounce off the walls and wind up taking an oxy so my heart doesn't pound out of my chest.
I just feel so lost and so alone and I just don't understand why some people can detox without any help. I mean that's great but i can't i need help...can't they just give me some non narcotic meds to help with the wd's
I HATE THIS and I am sorry for ever putting 1 pain pill in my mouth
Ty for listening
Old 02-16-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tracey0722 View Post
Hi,

My name is Tracey...This is the first time on any forum...so pls forgive me if i post in the wrong place, i can not firgure out how to start a new post.
1st i want to say thank you for sharing about your oxy free days and congrats. I hope you continue with your success.

i haven't been so lucky, I have taken 80-100 mgs per day for the past 5 years and in January of this year i went to an out patient detox place so i can get help getting off the oxy's well they put me on suboxen and i have to say that's even harder to get off of. So after 3 weeks of no oxy...once the suboxen was done ( which i weened off ) i was in bad shape. So yesterday I took an oxy UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I have spent many hours on the computer trying to find an outpatient detox facility in south florida that will get me off non narcoticly and without using my life savings.
Needless to say this isn't an easy task.
I am miserable...all i want is off these dang pills
I don't know what to do, who to turn to and when i try to detox myself i bounce off the walls and wind up taking an oxy so my heart doesn't pound out of my chest.
I just feel so lost and so alone and I just don't understand why some people can detox without any help. I mean that's great but i can't i need help...can't they just give me some non narcotic meds to help with the wd's
I HATE THIS and I am sorry for ever putting 1 pain pill in my mouth
Ty for listening
Tracy,

Maybe you can find a Dr. to help with some of the issues to ease your Detox. I didn't go to mine because, 1) I'd violated my "Pain Management Contract" and 2) I was ashamed.

Do you have a S/O or friend you can stay with for a week or so who might be able to help you a bit? I'm SO fortunate, my BF works out of home taking care of his father so he was around to get me water, pick up stuff from the store for me, etc.

There are tons of people on here who have related what types of supplements and things they've used during detox to help them. Everyone's different, this CAN be done. Yes, it's difficult. I started withdrawing last Friday night. Today I'm past the worst, on day 6 if you don't count Friday.

Try to see if you can stay with someone. Don't be ashamed of telling people what your situation is; we're only human and Oxy is an incrediable beguiling and addictive substance! In the last year I usually averaged anywhere from 60-120 mg day, sometimes even more.

The only way you can short-circuit a Detox is to still have pills around. You should get rid of them!

Good luck.....bless you. I know how difficult it is. I'm still quite exhausted, still sweating through my clothes at night, but I hope that's almost over.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hate to say it but nice reading that I'm not the only one going through this right now. I am sad to be writing on here at only 2 days of no pills, if I would've learned the first time I would be 2 years clean on the 20th.. Or 3 months clean on the 19th!! So frustrating but a very bad back and easy access to pills kept me going back.
Tracy, with no support you are best to get some help instead of white knuckling it at home. I could've never went through my many times of withdrawals if it wasn't for my better half. Even at this time even though he has been lied too he still cooks, cleans, and takes care of our baby. Fortunately this time I have only been on roughly 50-75mg per day and only for a month so the symptoms are not as bad. I have been in your shoes though, puking all day, and more.. The best part is if we quit we don't ever have to do this again!!! Easier said then done.
Since I'm in china and there is no woman in NA I am going to try and find an online sponsor.
Keep posting!!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replys back oxymaddened and icandoit......Anyone who can go thru wd's w/out any meds thats awesome.
I have tried and by the 3rd day i bounce off of walls.
Oxymad i do not have anyone to help me, I've shut them all out...it's just me my dog and my very sick dad....however i was thinking i can go to the store get whatever i need so when i go thru the detox i won't have to go anywhere.
I had an appt today with a dr but the problem is....they want to detox you on the suboxen...i have been down that road before
I am so confused and so sad and soooooo alone!!
I just sit in my room and cry while the world goes on.
I think it's a shame that i want help so badly and all the dr's in south florida want to do is get me off 1 drug onto another.
I would think that their would be some non narcotic meds that could help at least make the detox a lil more bearable...i have no clue what they are and have no more energy to do anymore research.
I feel like a caged animal
Old 02-17-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Goingtokick - how you doing?
Been thinking about ya -- hoping things are going as well as possible.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Finishing up Day 9 and I'm doing well. Back smarts every now and then, but oh well. I have no strong cravings for the pills. Currently still weaning off the Xanax and doing it well.

Still kind of feel like I have a bit of a cold. Oh well. Thanks for asking.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Tracey0722-Its crazy your Dr wont help you taper! I read up online before I committed to quitting(not dr prescribed) and kept hearing over n over taper before quitting. I tapered, probably quicker than a Dr would have but am on day 6 no oxy... feeling human again. Even getting hope back into my life. Is there a clinic near you... with or without... its usually free or sliding scale.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Kicker, it's your special day! :day1 to your little one! (and to you...you know what I mean!)
Old 02-18-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

GTKS - woot!
You and I seemed to of hit same issues on same days...
I have always considered myself lucky to not have cravings.
Between having huge pain issues or having huge craving issues - kinda think I'd take the pain over the cravings. Who knows though...it's easy to think I'd do one thing over another after the fact.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks all. Day 10 and all is well. Getting ready for the little guy's first birthday party.

I will still check in periodically. Thanks for the support through this difficult time (although it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be)!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

:
Old 02-18-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

hiding it...yes i hear ya and congrats on your 6 days!!!
I tried to do a private message not to keep writing on this post but it said i couldn't until i had at least 5 posts.
I am going on Monday to see a "detox" dr...so we'll see
Old 05-09-2012, 02:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

oxyday5

I am new to this as well. I have proven over the years that my title should be alcoxyhydropotanythingthatcangetmehighaddict. I was my parents good boy who never did anything wrong and never drank or smoked all the way through high school and college but then I found pot and it took me away for many years. As I got older and I couldn't stand chasing 16-18 year olds around to try to score I gradually turned to bourbon. That also took me away for many years. After many years of drugging myself while remaining a successful practitioner in my field I was invited to my own intervention. My first thought as I recognized what was happening was "finally it can be over."

I thought I recovered successfully in rehab only to relapse shortly after. I rehabbed again and did very well for many years until I had some minor pain pills for a medical problem. Wow! I could get high and no one could smell it on me.

That eventually fell miserably apart and I rehabbed with a counselor one on one instead of inpatient rehab. This was a great experience and it worked really well again for a long time as I had discovered some things about myself that were really nice to know and I understood my addictive behavior better.

In the process of all this I managed to make quite a fool of myself but in the end found a wonderful person who was the only one to stand by me and is now my wife. She has been wonderful through my journey through stupidity. I thought I had it all but I also seemed to want oxy. Now after two to three years of increasing dependence, hiding, sneaking, lying I am quitting again.

I can't afford to do the rehab now and need to continue working so am doing this cold turkey. As many have found this isn't easy. I am now entering day 6 and I am feeling wonderful. The pain is subsiding. The RLS is lessening along with it.

The most wonderful thing is I can already feel myself coming back. My support is my wonderful wife who is recovering from the realization that I could be such a lying ******* to her after all she has meant to me and all she has done for me. I have shed a few tears over realizing what I have done to her but prior to quitting I was waking up around 2 AM every night thinking terrible thoughts about myself and i think it was knowing inside the dishonest ******* I had become.

I hadn't intended to go to into this story on my first post but it just started to flow. My intent was to ask HOW DO I GET TO SLEEP! I think I have slept about 6 hours in the last 5 nights.

I am an experienced insomniac. Sleep and I never have had a good close relationship but this is terrible. I am aware of entering the day 6 because it is time to get in the shower and I haven't slept one second.

How long does it take for this to improve? Can anyone help me?
Old 05-09-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Oxyfiend, since this original thread is from February, you might want to start your own thread. You will start to feel better after day 10 (my experience) but the mental part will last for some time. Just know that each day does get better. Hang in there!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

oxyday5

Thanks, I noted this morning that this was rather old but have no idea how to start a new thread. Can you help?