Notices

Suboxone fatigue?

Old 02-07-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suboxone fatigue?

Long story short: this is my second try with the suboxone therapy. Last time I got too ambitious, tried to taper on my own, fell off the wagon, made a mess of things for quite a few months using so I'm back on.

It does help with the WD's and all that and I'll worry about going off of it later under supervision (not looking forward to it but without the sub things are much worse. I have to be able to function as much as possible for the household so it is what it is for now). My 2nd day in on it and I'm tired, headachey, listless, almost apathetic verging on depressed (which I struggle with anyway and why I took opiates), kinda Meh overall. I'm reading this can be normal, just hoping it doesn't last too long. Yesterday I felt almost energized and fine, which was weird enough on its own but today seems the exact opposite. mmmkay then. I know it could be worse (and has been!) but I'm kind of out of it and not entirely sure what to do but ride it out I guess. I'm not sure drinking gallons of coffee is the right answer either, especially seeing as how I'm not hungry so nothing is there to soak it up.

Anyone else ever experience this type of side effect(s)? How long did it last?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, as you know from my thread I have been on Suboxen for only two weeks but I find that waiting until right before bed is the best time to take my Suboxen dose since it also makes me tired and sometimes a bit dizzy which makes it hard to function. Coming to the end of my second week I have noticed that it dosent make me nearly as tired or sluggish as it did at first. Hopefully this helps..
Old 02-15-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks! I called my doctor later that day who recommended I take my doses more evenly through the day instead of the larger doses once or twice a day to avoid spiking in my system like what they think was happening, and hence causing major side effects like the fatigue.

I started doing that and just a day or two later I felt huge relief, and no fatigue or anything. Now I'm two weeks out, maybe more (I kinda stopped counting after I started feeling good again) and I am feeling MUCH better and back to normal, yay!