Notices

New Years!

Old 01-02-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mah

New Years!

I'm going to be 22 in 8 days! started drinking when i was 17, you know teenagers love to party and lose control.
but it has gotten uglier. when i start drinking i just can't seem to stop. i keep drinking till i lose control over everything, end up having a fight, a car accident, losing my wallet.. and other bad things. so as always, i was partying this new years, and got way too drunk, ended up having a fight, and i dont remember the rest! woke up to find my car wrecked, and so came the new years resolution. Quit drinking. and this is my 2nd day sober... I am feeling good about it and i think and HOPE it will work and i wont go back to drinking... wish me luck y'all...
Old 01-02-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mah View Post
I'm going to be 22 in 8 days! started drinking when i was 17, you know teenagers love to party and lose control.
but it has gotten uglier. when i start drinking i just can't seem to stop. i keep drinking till i lose control over everything, end up having a fight, a car accident, losing my wallet.. and other bad things. so as always, i was partying this new years, and got way too drunk, ended up having a fight, and i dont remember the rest! woke up to find my car wrecked, and so came the new years resolution. Quit drinking. and this is my 2nd day sober... I am feeling good about it and i think and HOPE it will work and i wont go back to drinking... wish me luck y'all...
Well done on your 2nd day, keep going, you can do it!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 2! Wishing you strength in your sobriety!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good decision!
Hang in here and post often, that helps. Ask dumb questions because they aren't. You will need a recovery plan soonest too. Read everything you can here, especially here in newcomers as we cover all that has worked for others in early sobriety here and by reading back you don't have to wait for answers.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mah

thank u all for ur support!!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR mah
Good to have you with us

D
Old 01-02-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi mah! I wish I'd made that decision at 22. Instead, I just kept going & my life became a nightmare. That won't happen to you, mah. Keep talking to us & let us know how you're doing.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Resident

to the community Mah.

Ditto what Hevyn said. I am on day 2 also for the second time but I am decades older than you.
Good luck on your journey.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mah

D, Hevyn and Fubarcdn...
you guys are amazing! thank u so much for ur support! looking forward to being sober with u guys! goodluck to u too Fubarcdn