Administrator

Class Of November 2011 Pt 4

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-3-a-21.html

D
Old 12-31-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

I'm extremely p!ssed off right now. My mother just asked me what I was planning on for dinner. I said I might order pizza 'cause I didn't feel like making anything and I didn't know if the grocery stores would be open. She told me that my father thought I'd been drinking 'cause I had pizza on Thursday (and the leftovers yesterday) and the only time I don't have a healthy diet is when I'm drinking. IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY! Are you friggin' kidding me?! I had pizza on my birthday, had the leftovers the next day and now I'm drinking? That accusation makes me want to go out and get lit up and say "F it". I don't even know what else to say right now. What the hell is the point if people are going to make assumptions and judge based on minimal crap like that?
Old 12-31-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd drunk for years Jay - it took people a while to trust me again.
A lot of it is love mixed with fear I think.

Try not to sweat it - the trust does return

D
Old 12-31-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Jay. People never cease to amaze me with their stupidity. Espaceially family! Have as much damn pizza as you want and "just show them" by not drinking.

As there's no way I can tonight I'd like your online company in the sober 2011 NYE party. Right now I'm watching a taped "wipe out". Love that show. Totally stup
Old 12-31-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Originally Posted by Tigger41 View Post
Hey Jay. People never cease to amaze me with their stupidity. Espaceially family! Have as much damn pizza as you want and "just show them" by not drinking.

As there's no way I can tonight I'd like your online company in the sober 2011 NYE party. Right now I'm watching a taped "wipe out". Love that show. Totally stup
Is this where the party is taking place? Honestly, in the past someone has suspected I'd been drinking and I had and I would deny it. But then it was for much more obvious reasons. Not answering my phone, not returning phone calls/texts/Emails, not answering my door, not going to the gym for multiple days in a row. But because I wanted some junk food for my birthday and again on New Year's Eve when the rest of the world is out partying? That's beyond absurd. I've calmed down some but it's just a tough pill to swallow some time.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jay, parents can be so stupid sometimes! Dont let it get you fired up. Just prove them wrong and smile the whole time.
I finally sent my friend a text saying we were staying in and the other friends are coming by. Told her I am cooking dinner and didnt feel like being around a bunch of people tonight. Happy NewYear! Thats it, and I havent heard back from her. Thats fine with me.

Our other friends are here, thekids playing wii. Its going to be a long night....its only 7pm.

Tigger good job. Now you dont have the option at all to drink. Hang in there everyone.

Its just another night..forget all the stupid hoopla, right?
Old 12-31-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tigger, We LOVE wipeout! That show makes my hubby almost pee his pants laughing. I would like to try it actually....except those big balls!
Old 12-31-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

I don't stay angry or hold grudges very long. I was just so taken back by that. I never would have expected that. I haven't had this length of sobriety in about 5 years and that just really got to me.

I just made a "2012 Bucket List" with my friend so that was fun and now I have some goals to achieve
Old 12-31-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jay you have to expect that it's going to take some time for your family to clue in that you'r serious this time and start to trust you again. They've probably been let down so many times that they're bracing for it now and don't want to get their hopes up. Just grin and bear it and prove them wrong.

We love Wipeout too! Always good for a laugh. You guys should see the Canadian version, for some reason they get the biggest weirdos on there.

Good one Tres.

Hang in everyone!

Old 12-31-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

InParticular, stop using logic and making sense! It makes my whining look less effective.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

First thing the Big Balls rock. We love it when someone actually makes it. And I think you have to be weird to get on don't you? They seem to really look for the weird ones. Tonight someone shaved his chest hair to read "ho ho ho". Really?

We have the wii upstairs and the xBox kinetic downstairs.

Also I think I want to Put on some "best of 2011" show to give me something to watch.

8 pm. 4 more hours
Old 12-31-2011, 07:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

2 more hours. Getting the fondu ready. So far so good in fact determined because my friend who came over is saying she's going to get me to have at least one. So of course now I'm determined not to.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh god tigger that is so lame of your friend. Don't do it.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Tigger, your friend should be more respectful. We just did some fireworks and wat hing wipeout. All ages can enjoy that show, thats for sure.

I love the bucket list idea. I need to do that.

Getting ready for a pontoon ride around the lake. Hopefully we wont get hit by any fireworks. I am doing well, not to much drinking going on here. Thats good.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Originally Posted by Tigger41 View Post
2 more hours. Getting the fondu ready. So far so good in fact determined because my friend who came over is saying she's going to get me to have at least one. So of course now I'm determined not to.
That's f'd up. Sorry to be so blunt but that's hardly a "friend" in my opinion. If you had cancer would she ask you to skip just one chemo treatment session?
Old 12-31-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jay1980 View Post
InParticular, stop using logic and making sense! It makes my whining look less effective.

Sense of Humor restored! good job!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Tigger - I thought you took an Antabuse! You can't drink and I agree with the others -- some "friend". Here is an interesting quote I saw today regarding setting goals: "If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time". I had an interesting day and will write more later. I am tired and going to bed. Sorry to be a party pooper. This party on SR is the best one around in my opinion! Of course if I can't sleep which is a possibility, I will be back. Night everyone and Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

It is f'ed up. But now she's drunk and not bugging me. Doing Dance party 3 with my 10 year olds

45 minutes to go all urges are gone. Thank god.

Happy New Year Ningas -

Dee HNY. i'll be 60 days at midnight. Cool
Old 12-31-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

PS - I must live under a rock. Never heard of the show "Wipe Out" and "Big Balls"! LOL!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well, this is my lucky year. My girl is working at the ICU tomorrow morning and wanted to pack it in early. 2012 will be a big year, my cattle will be fed on time tomorrow morning!

We had a good day! I gave her some perfume that I knew she liked when I went over this morning. Went to a seafood restaurant for an early dinner. I had some interest in the Pinot Noir. I went to the restroom for a minute and then came back ok.

Crab Cakes appetizer was awesome. Alaskan Cod perfect. Stopped by whole Foods and picked up some creme cheese and spelt crackers. Went over to Trader Joes and took inventory of the Beer Section...left empty handed.

So we went to see the New Years Eve movie. It is a fun movie with several happy endings for the characters. It was hard to see Lewd-a-Cris playing a NYPD officer. We stopped by a couple stores looking for a camera case to go with her Christmas present.

I came home an now I munching on some cheese curds, washing them down with a Coke, and watching the Rockin' New Years eve.

Thanks Tig for not letting go, and thanks to all for the support and friendship.

Fraggy