Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 4

Old 12-31-2011, 08:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marine28 View Post
PS - I must live under a rock. Never heard of the show "Wipe Out" and "Big Balls"! LOL!!!!!!
I haven't heard of them either.

I have four channels out here, and if I do like a cable show, I'll try getting it on Hulu.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
I haven't heard of them either.

I have four channels out here, and if I do like a cable show, I'll try getting it on Hulu.
I've never heard of them either!

10 minutes 'til the New Year. I think I'm gonna stay up and continue watching Sons of Anarchy (do NOT tell me what happens if you watch!). I have to get up pretty early for an AA meeting but then I'll be plopping my buttocks onto the couch for 10 straight hours of American Football.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

This is my ex-girlfriend's status on Facebook:

"I love being drunk... horsing it up for nyeeeeeee! Woop"

She has a 12 year-old and a 2 month-old. Seriously?! I mean even if you're going to drink do you write that on a public website? Makes me glad I'm not in that company tonight.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ughh Jay. I know what you mean. How silly of her to post that!!! I am still awake and still at this great party! Happy New Year!!!!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Happy New Year everyone!

UGH! I just picked out 42 celebratory, dancing smileys and THEN they tell me the limit is 5!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jay1980 View Post
I've never heard of them either!

10 minutes 'til the New Year. I think I'm gonna stay up and continue watching Sons of Anarchy (do NOT tell me what happens if you watch!). I have to get up pretty early for an AA meeting but then I'll be plopping my buttocks onto the couch for 10 straight hours of American Football.
I haven't missed an episode of SOA. I usually watch on the internet the day after....

and for tomorrow.....go LIONS. beat the Packers.

Fraggy.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jay1980 View Post
This is my ex-girlfriend's status on Facebook:

"I love being drunk... horsing it up for nyeeeeeee! Woop"

I think there is a law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts against Updating While Drunk.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

We did it!! I just wrote a nice long post and somehow deleted it. Now I am too tired to re write it..
I am so proud of all of us for sticking to it!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:56 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
I haven't missed an episode of SOA. I usually watch on the internet the day after....

and for tomorrow.....go LIONS. beat the Packers.

Fraggy.
I just finished episode 5 of the past season. SO GOOD. I wanna watch a couple more but it's approaching 1AM and I had a long day. Maybe I'll pound a ginger ale and watch one more.

Yes, please beat the Packers. And I need my Patriots to win to clinch the #1 seed. I'd like the Jets NOT to get in (and that's almost a lock). I dislike both Dallas and New York but that should be a great game.

Here's to a tremendous 2012!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Fraggy, not sure if you're a hockey fan but Steve Yzerman was my idol growing up. Still have a ton of Red Wings apparel, his stick and more cards of him than I can count (including his Rookie Card - funny how quickly trading cards became obsolete).

Okay, that's it for me. SAMCRO will be there for me in the morning. GREAT JOB everyone. I've heard this is the day most relapses happen (although I've also been told Super Bowl Sunday is one too) and everyone who stayed sober should see this as a huge victory.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Happy New Year November Ninjas! I'm so proud of us. It really is a huge accomplishment to have made it through today. I just got back from our party, where I was the ONLY sober person among many drunks. Oh my god it is my karma for all the times I must have been awful. Wow. Just. Wow.

Anyway we made it! It's 2012! New beginnings, anything is possible.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Goodmorning november ninjas. Time to start the new year!

Whats everyone doing today?

I know Jay and Fraggy are watching football. What about you girls?

I am going to relax and help hubby build a grill table. We will see how relaxing that will be. LOL. Christmas decorations need to come down. Also planning on going that big dinner at my friends house who is 27 yrs sober.

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, Happy New Year!

Had a quiet night last night; went to see Girl w/Dragon Tattoo and then home w/hubby. Everyone else was out, which was nice. Went to bed at 12:06….lol. Toasted in the New Year w/ a glass of milk in a champagne glass and a chocolate cookie. lol, lol. First New Years Eve in my adult life that I was alcohol free.

Glad to read we are all hanging in one way or the other. ((Tigger, I think your friend is not a "friend" to have said what she said to you….clearly your sobriety is bothersome to her. Just sayin'))

Happy sober first day of 2012!

Last edited by Vantrina; 01-01-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Added ))
Old 01-01-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Not sure what the plans are for today, but I'm sure it will very quiet which suits me just fine. Maybe I'll even work in a nap along the way.

Congrats to all who stayed sober through the holiday season and to those who stumbled a bit, please don't give up.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yeah!! 2012 - THANK GOD - really - thanked God last night. I'm so happy it's all over and we made it through.
My friends left at 1:00 am and the kids were up by 7:30 am. I'm hoping for a nap today. Thank you all again and yes this morning I'm very happy I didn't drink last night.

When we were hanging out last night discussing the fact I wasn't drinking (which others seem to make much more of a deal about these days then me - I was mostly silent during this conversation) Sue was "now you're going to try to convince me again that we both have a problem" and I was like "what?" - then she went on to tell me about when we were drinking in Sept that I was going on and on about how we both had an issue and were going to have to stop sooner or later LOL - don't remember it at all. I told her I didn't remember it and told her that only she knows if she has an issue and left it there -

Yes I'm very happy this morning - very easy to get up and interact with the kids. It's supposed to be the last warm day before the cold snap so I'm going to take them to the park to ride their Razor scooters. Get out and enjoy the sun a bit.

the rest of the day it's football for me

go LIONS. beat the Packers.
ok - I can go for the Lions but...

Go Giants beat the Cowboys!! The rest of the games I don't care about that much.

I wish us all the best and happy new year - got to go, Alia needs help with the wii
Old 01-01-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

It feels really good to wake up without a hangover, doesn't it. I feel like this is going to be a good year. Today, I am going into cleaning mode and clean my entire house as I leave for vacation on Saturday at 7am. Two weeks on an island with no cell phone, occasional wifi acess and lots of beach bars. Going to be interesting doing this completely sober for the first time but I know I can do it. I just feel it. Great job everyone!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi guys,just thought i would let you all know that im back and in the january2012 class...Today is my day 1 again but hoping to improve on my 23 days sober that i had last time...So if any of you want to check in and see how many snickers bars im eating a day,just pop me a line......Steve....
Old 01-01-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Hi guys,just thought i would let you all know that im back and in the january2012 class...Today is my day 1 again but hoping to improve on my 23 days sober that i had last time...So if any of you want to check in and see how many snickers bars im eating a day,just pop me a line......Steve....
Way to go. Good luck in 2012.

Keep us post on your progress.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Hey everyone. Day 52 here. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night and decided not to go to the AA meeting. I know I should've sucked it up and gone... but I didn't. It's really nice out here today. January and it's probably in the 50s.

I think I might try to train the puppy some before the games start at 1 o'clock. I think that's all I've got. Stay jolly my friends.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey Stevie - Welcome back - 2012 will be a great year for you - you can do it. I'll be checking in.