Notices

day one

Old 12-28-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

day one

We are at day one because last night we took asome Valium for the wrong reasons ...Today we are feeling like we need to drink as well ...At my mothers day and trying to stay clear of drink ...but it hard ...the need to go and buy drink is in our mind a lot at the moment
tried to get in contact with a friend who gose to AA ...but we havent herd from her yet ...might go to an AA meeting after the new year as i dont have the sedule for the meetings for the holidays

Ella
Old 12-28-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You could probably find numbers online or in the phone book for an AA hotline. They would have the schedule. In my area a number of places hold "alkathons" running from the afternoon of the day before, through the holiday, to the following afternoon, with meetings on the even hour. Maybe you could find one of those. We can't do this alone.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Earth Child

There is a meeting tonight at 8 pm we cant use my mothers phone and i dont want her knowing about it at the moment as she wont understand
we are just going to turn up and see if its on
hopefully it is

Ella
Old 12-28-2011, 08:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

During the holidays there are usually a lot of meetings. Some places have them all day. You all can go to as many as you want. :O) I know you have many issues you are dealing with please contact your doctors when you have parts of your personality that are influencing you to use.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

During the holidays there are usually a lot of meetings. Some places have them all day. You all can go to as many as you want. :O) I know you have many issues you are dealing with please contact your doctors when you have parts of your personality that are influencing you to use.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Earth Child

We didn't go to the meeting because of the nasty weather here as my husband has the flu and we don't want him getting worse and we cant go by ourselves because of our social anxiety .
The only thing that will help with my personalizes is therapy after we where treated very badly from one Therapist we are reluctant to go to another one
We have been to an online AA meeting tonight and we are looking for an on line NA meeting as well

It isn't just the personalities that's the problem its also my own addiction to deal with as well
The personalities are a part of me that am truly thankful for as they helped me through a time in my life that was horrific and they help me now by being my head mates and i wouldn't want to change that for the world
so they are not all bad at all.

Ella
Old 12-28-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Dark Asylum,

Glad to hear that you could at least to get to an online meeting. What triggered the valium taking? How are the cravings have they lessened?

Take the best of care
CaiHong
Old 12-28-2011, 11:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Earth Child

We think it was this time of year ....its our first Christmas with out my dad ...he killed himself in September and some of our abuse happened at this time of year ....we wanted to numb our selves not feel anything for a while.

We managed to throw away the rest of the Valium after talking to some one in an NA meeting last night
We are a bit worried about our anxiety weather we can cope with out the Valium .
Got a drs appointment tomorrow going to tell my dr the truth about taking the Valium we are kinda scared about it.

Ella
Old 12-29-2011, 03:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there Ella. Great job of throwing the valium away. Don't be scared to be honest with your doctor. They can help you more if you are honest. I promise you can do this. Stick with the NA or AA program. If you go to enough meetings and meet some people you will get more comfortable with it. Many of the people at the meetings are just like most of us here, they want to help you and support you.
Don't give up, you can do it.
God bless.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Earth Child

The only thing that stops us from going to meetings is our social anxiety ...we are not sure of how many open meetings there is in our area as we need my husband to come with us because of our social anxiety.
We cant go ourselvs because we cant leave the house on our own and it leaves my husband hanging out side on an hour or so .
We really want drink at the moment we are having flashbacks and there very upsetting ....We talked about it to my husband and we feel a bit better for talking ...but its hard when we are faced with things of the past
we have no therapy one cause we cant afford it and two because we don't trust therapists ...
We wanted to go to the shop and get vodka but thankfully my husband has the flu and wont take us to the shop either to have drink instead am drink Monster energy drink .

Ella