Notices

Kudzu?

Old 12-04-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FML

Question Kudzu?

Wondering if there's anyone out there who takes Kudzu supplements?
Any benefits? Side affects?

Also where might I purchase it?
Old 12-04-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

This really falls under our NOT giving medical advice.

I would suggest you Google it. You will find lots of information, both for and against.

I personally never found any 'magic pill' that helped me in recovery. I did find a LOT OF HARD WORK, working on me, to CHANGE me, .................... the way I think things through, the way I ACT AND/OR REACT to others, etc. As I continued to, and continue to work on me these many years now, my GRIP on SOBRIETY gets stronger and stronger.

What are you doing each day for you? To help in your continuing abstinence?

Love and hugs,
Old 12-04-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Never tried Kudzu, and haven't heard much testimony. (What I have however has been very mixed, and not really long term results, it's easy for these things to act as 'placebos'.)

I did however use a doctor prescribed anti craving medication, I'm not against the use of these things, however I think the treatment needs to be backed up by some personal program of recovery/counseling. The answer isn't just in a pill. I've said before, I am skeptical of 'quick fix' solutions that charge you a lot of money up front, you need to do full research before buying in to these things. I strongly advise a doctor's monitoring/medical opinion.

Whether or not you want to go this route is a very personal choice, after weighing the pros and cons. I can understand the reasons why people would not wish to use something like Kudzu or an anti craving medication, though I think it helped me. There are a variety of ways though of getting sober, tools out there, the important thing is the use you make of them as that is all that people can really give you - the tools for recovery. All the best.