Ex husband using again?

Old 11-14-2011, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ex husband using again?

I know it doesn't matter, we are no longer married. But I have a feeling he is back on pain killers. Why do I care? Well his attorny and his family drug me through the ringer and humiliated me on the stand during our divorce 6 years ago over my drinking and pain pill abuse. (sober now, haven't touched pills in 5 years) If he is using, it would just feel "nice" to know he isn't so perfect.
He was on them 6 years ago while we were married, first by prescription, then got them online. He went to rehab and quit, all of this over a two year period. Started drinking right out of rehab. Not real heavy, but he didn't drink before he started abusing narcotics and he did after he finished treatment. Seemed like he traded one addiction for another.
The reason I think he is using is that sometimes out of the blue I get these really ridiculously happy phone calls from him, and recently at night I have been getting mean, ugly text messages regarding a situation we are having with our 13 year old. He threatened to to take me to court and said he would have me drug tested (for pot, which I have used, but am not now) and I asked him if he would be tested, he said yes and I said, oh thats right, you have a prescription, and he just laughed, so I took that to mean he is using again.
I have so many mixed emotions, happy to see that he isn't perfect. Happy to know that if he is using, and drinking, he is more than likley suffering physically from it and pain is pain, I am glad he is having some. And I am sad he is using, knowing first hand how awful it is, and the fact that our children have to see it.
Things are so s*** up!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree, you will make yourself crazy trying to figure him out and keep up with this antics.

Live your life well, don't take texts from him if he can't be respectful, or just delete them without reading.

I learned that I could drive myself crazy trying to fight the insanity of addiction.

Letting go brought me great peace.

Hugs
Old 11-16-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When we dance with the pain of the past, it gets a stronger and stornger hold on us. Let go of the rotting rope.