An Update

Old 11-02-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An Update

I haven't been around here recently, but I have made some changes in my life and attitude that I wanted to share. I have finally gone no contact with my XAH. As far as I know, he will be homeless next week, but I don't know all of the details, nor do I want to know them. I did send him an email that said, "I'm not listening to your messages, so stop leaving them. I have helped you enough, and all my "help" did was enable you to stay sick. I now leave the consequences for your choices on you. If you choose to go into a sober house, I will help pay for the deposit, but that is all the help I am willing to give. If that ever comes about, tell your sister to contact me."

(I realize that last part is a little nod to my last vestiges of codie-ism, but it helps me sleep at night knowing that he truly does have a choice to sober up and get off the streets if he wants to take it, and I don't have to talk to him about it any longer).

Anyway, other than that e-mail, I've been no contact now for two weeks and I do feel like a weight has lifted from me. I don't blame myself for taking so long to get to this point; I really wasn't emotionally able to do it earlier. But I'm grateful that I am now.

In other news, my boyfriend is moving across the country for a job. We have decided to "see how it goes". Maybe I will end up moving with my daughter, maybe I won't. Our relationship needs work, but me finally letting go of the ex could be the start of a truer, deeper relationship. Or not. We'll see.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love reading posts like this. Especially the part below. I remember that feeling.

Originally Posted by Mambo Queen View Post
I've been no contact now for two weeks and I do feel like a weight has lifted from me.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Congratulations, Mambo Queen! I am glad for you, I know how much this has cost you... yes, we all have our own rhythms. I loved the No contact, I loved the flexible attitude about the future, and I loved the compassion you show yourself, not taking blame... you have progressed a lot and I am glad you shared your victories here ! way to go MQ!!! keep taking care of you.

Hugs,
TC999
Old 11-02-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job mambo queen, hope it all works out for you.

Peace be with you,

Bill