Step 1 of This Mess

Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Step 1 of This Mess

Today I gave one of our dogs away. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. My husband told me the other day that he was moving out because he was so uncomfortable in our home/marriage when I think its just that he is antsy and uncomfortable because he hasnt had a drink in a couple weeks. But if he wants to blame it on our marriage...or the house.... or the lack of concern in me....let him. I cant control how he feels. I can control what I do, So I just continue to give away our pets to good homes, get all of the kids paperwork ready for new schools when we move and pack it up. I think he's going to freak when he gets out on his own. Hes never been on his own. Went from living with mommy til he was 20 to living with me ever since. Then again, he might love single lonely life. Either way, I will be fine!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Butterfly!

Are you going to Al-anon? I have found it to be a tremendous source of face-to-face support to help me recover from living with alcoholism all my life and assist me during this time of incredible personal change!!

Al-anon has helped me learn how to make the best choices for me. Choices that are rooted in my needs not reactions to things my alcoholic does or says. It's important for me to base my decisions on me and my needs because what I have come to learn is... my alcoholic loved ones change their minds/positions - a lot.

When I take my time and formulate a plan... and give my decisions some time and thoughtful consideration - I'm often surprised when "more is revealed" (more information to make a different choice, maybe a new option appears, etc).

Kudos to you for taking responsibility for yourself!! Keep up the good work!
Shannon
Old 11-02-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, stay strong!

Best of luck to you,

Bill