Notices

Reflections of the past.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Smile Reflections of the past.

Today is my fifth day sober, in a very long time. Last time I decided to quit drinking I went all of two weeks and relapsed. I was not truly commited to getting better, but to appease others. This time I am more committed than ever! I read these experiences on SR, and they have reminded me of my own journey and all the mistakes that have come along with it. There is one thing you cant take back...the things you say and do ( no matter how much you want to). With that said, I am really enjoying being sober, not drinking a case of beer of night, even though once in a while I still want the taste of it, I am not going to regress for a taste. I want to thank everyone for their support, because this site has helped me tremedously. My sincere gratitude. I have learned so much already.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Together we are stronger.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dominica2 View Post
Today is my fifth day sober, in a very long time. Last time I decided to quit drinking I went all of two weeks and relapsed. I was not truly commited to getting better, but to appease others. This time I am more committed than ever! I read these experiences on SR, and they have reminded me of my own journey and all the mistakes that have come along with it. There is one thing you cant take back...the things you say and do ( no matter how much you want to). With that said, I am really enjoying being sober, not drinking a case of beer of night, even though once in a while I still want the taste of it, I am not going to regress for a taste. I want to thank everyone for their support, because this site has helped me tremedously. My sincere gratitude. I have learned so much already.
good to have you with us..
Old 10-30-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I am so happy for you
Old 10-30-2011, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nothing can erase the things we did while under the influence. All we can do is try hard to forgive ourselves and be the person we are really meant to be. You CAN do this.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Life is too short to drink poison. Live sober and healthy and you'll live a life of clarity and remembrance.

Congrats to you Dom.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on the 5 days, keep up the good work!
Old 10-30-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're focused on your recovery.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

dominica2,
What? You think we didn't all screw it up royally too? We ain't saints. Having said that we also know you aren't either kiddo. See you get all the do overs you need here. Then one day you crack the code and move ahead. Sounds like you cracked the code. Thanks for that post, it made my day. Posts like yours are like that concept in the movie "It's A Wonderful Life" where they say whenever you hear a bell ring, an angel earned their wings. A fellow is getting it, and earning their sobriety.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
dominica2,
What? You think we didn't all screw it up royally too? We ain't saints. Having said that we also know you aren't either kiddo. See you get all the do overs you need here. Then one day you crack the code and move ahead. Sounds like you cracked the code. Thanks for that post, it made my day. Posts like yours are like that concept in the movie "It's A Wonderful Life" where they say whenever you hear a bell ring, an angel earned their wings. A fellow is getting it, and earning their sobriety.
A sweet response Itchy:ghug3
Old 10-30-2011, 03:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Stay strong! We are here with you. Keep it up!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
instant

Two weeks is not easily come by, and represents a significant achievement. All we can do is keep trying.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Well done, Dominica. You'll find much support here on SR, as we all have. Sober life is truly a gift to behold; I'm glad you are seeing the light!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey D, I'm the king of relapse here. It is good that the tenor of your note is positive. Forget the beating yourself up stuff. Just pick up and go forward! It's all we can do. And stay here with the folks that understand. There's no judgement here that I can see, only heart-felt advice and support. Good luck.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Well done, Dominica. Remember that you are not depriving yourself of anything by quitting the beer, you are choosing health, self-respect, sanity, and prospects for a future to look forward to. Sounds like an easy choice and certainly nothing to fear.

Those demons? They need the darkness of alcohol to do their work. If you expose them to the light and see them for what they are, they will disappear like cockroaches.

I hate cockroaches.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Thanks for the input. I hate cockroaches too! lol Thanks y'all for the well wishes. :-)