i didn't realize...

Old 10-30-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i didn't realize...

how anxious the prospect of going to a bar would make me after the last year with my xabf. i was invited to a show last night by two of my cousins (who are in town from colorado and arlington) and wavered all day long as to whether i wanted to go, or not, because the shindig was in a bar. i have never been a drinker or smoker so, by default, bars just don't really hold much appeal for me. i decided to go, though, and had a GREAT time.

it felt liberating to know that i didn't have to keep tabs on how much someone else was drinking, be embarrassed by someone else's behavior, or worry that the night would end on a sour note with a fight picked by an alcoholic. it felt amazing to know that i wouldn't be driving home someone who was wasted or getting no sleep because that person kept kicking and elbowing me in his crazy sleep.

i am feeling that sense of utter relief at this point that i have so desperately been seeking. i went to the show, sang my skinny ass off to some FABULOUS covers of 80's hairbands, laughed with my cousins (and a male friend who decided to join us around midnight), and had great conversation. then i left on my own and came home to a quiet and peaceful (albeit cold) house. no arguments, no elbows to the ribs, no stench of rum, just...peace.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for You.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You took the words right out of my mouth, Shawty

It is so enjoyable to be able to go to an event or party without having to worry about someone else, and their uncontrollable behavior.

I forgot how much I missed the company of good friends and family. I was too busy babysitting to ever really have a good time when I was out with XA.

Never failed I would start to have a good time, look across the room and see him staggering around and we would have to leave.

Normalcy has returned to my life. Life is good............