Happiness.....

Old 09-29-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Happiness.....

After 2 long years here at SR, and lots of encouragement and words I didn't want to hear...finally I am happy. All those who told me that it would get easier were right. All those who said that once the chaos is gone life will feel better they were right! So many times on SR people told me things I didn't want to hear, and I would be offended, but the truth is that was about me not willing to listen. (thanks gerry) It took a certain event about 6 weeks ago for me to FINALLY say enough. I was already feeling better, but now I feel content and happy. It is amazing how chaotic and unbalanced life is with an active A - and now life is normal - no yelling and screaming every night, no drunken stupor, no being careful about what I say/do becuase he might get upset. I feel like I am living again, an happily. No, not divorced yet, and for tax reasons waiting to file til after the 1st in Jan, but it will happen. Finally I can breath again, I can look at and enjoy the life I am living with my children. I honestly don't think I'd do it all over again if someone asked, but I deifinately think I learned ALOT during the journey to where I am today. There are smiles, and laughs, and happiness in life, if we only choose to walk that path! Thanks to all of you who have listened to my story, given me advice, and offered support...I don't know where I'd be without yoU!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I really appreciate your post and am so happy for you and your children.

You deserved so much more out of life and now you can experience and savor each happy, peaceful moment.

I wish you all the best that life has to offer, and, if you need us, we are here for you!

As ever....Dolly
Old 09-29-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gosh - I could have written that. No matter what is happening, I still am filled completely with gratitude for my life today....the calm, the peace, the quiet, knowing what to expect when I get home, not tip-toeing around on eggshells, having my kids' friends over and enjoying a house full of noisy teens, putting my flowered quilt on the bed, letting the dogs eat from my hand at the dinner table, privacy, peace (did I say that already? well it deserves saying twice!)

Life is not perfect, but it is manageable now. Thanks for sharing - your post made me smile tonight.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so glad for you and your family.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You've given me hope.

Thank you.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting that. I have found as well that once you get off the roller coaster that life is good.

Your friend,
Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Moni, I remember when you first started your journey! I am so proud of you and wish you nothing but the best in the future!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow. I am not alone. My wife is an alcoholic. 2 kids. 14 and 18. Don't have time to post much right now, but this site has lifted my spirits!!!! I'm not alone!!! These posts mirror my life 100%. "walking on eggshells", "hiding bottles or cans", :lies" etc. I'm not alone!!! More posts and questions later. Thank you thank you!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wareagle View Post
Wow. I am not alone. My wife is an alcoholic. 2 kids. 14 and 18. Don't have time to post much right now, but this site has lifted my spirits!!!! I'm not alone!!! These posts mirror my life 100%. "walking on eggshells", "hiding bottles or cans", :lies" etc. I'm not alone!!! More posts and questions later. Thank you thank you!!!
Welcome to SR, wareagle! I look forward to your posts and questions in the future!

Sending you hugs of support!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

you give us all hope! I'm so happy for you and your newfound happiness and freedom
Old 09-30-2011, 06:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

WarEagle, welcome to SR. Please start your own thread and introduce yourself. It will get a lot more attention that way. I, as the husband of an alcoholic wife, am looking forward to sharing with you.

Your friend,
Old 09-30-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good to have you on board, wareagle.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your new LIFE!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I can ditto that feeling. I've been out of my alcoholic marriage for a bit over a year, and it's so much more manageable. I still have to deal with AXH, but on a very limited basis. He's still infuriating, but the majority of my life has nothing to do with him anymore.

The grass is greener on this side. :x Thank you for reminding me of that!!!