Thread: Happiness.....
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreeingMyself

Smile Happiness.....

After 2 long years here at SR, and lots of encouragement and words I didn't want to hear...finally I am happy. All those who told me that it would get easier were right. All those who said that once the chaos is gone life will feel better they were right! So many times on SR people told me things I didn't want to hear, and I would be offended, but the truth is that was about me not willing to listen. (thanks gerry) It took a certain event about 6 weeks ago for me to FINALLY say enough. I was already feeling better, but now I feel content and happy. It is amazing how chaotic and unbalanced life is with an active A - and now life is normal - no yelling and screaming every night, no drunken stupor, no being careful about what I say/do becuase he might get upset. I feel like I am living again, an happily. No, not divorced yet, and for tax reasons waiting to file til after the 1st in Jan, but it will happen. Finally I can breath again, I can look at and enjoy the life I am living with my children. I honestly don't think I'd do it all over again if someone asked, but I deifinately think I learned ALOT during the journey to where I am today. There are smiles, and laughs, and happiness in life, if we only choose to walk that path! Thanks to all of you who have listened to my story, given me advice, and offered support...I don't know where I'd be without yoU!