Notices

New here..just want to introduce myself

Old 09-14-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here..just want to introduce myself

Hello,

This is my 2nd time self-detoxing off of Oxycodone. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN! My meds were all prescribed by doctors & I never went elsewhere to find the drug. I was only on the medicine for a month & a half to two months but these past few days have been hell. I haven't had a bite to eat in 3 days & I still don't feel like eating anything. I'm freezing even though its 81 degrees outside. I am sick to my stomach & I do have the runs, but no vomiting. I had sore hips the 2nd night & I took Motrin & it helped me get to sleep. That's all I've really been doing is sleeping. I'm thinking about getting into the shower & getting dressed as if I was going out somewhere. Maybe making myself pretty will help me feel a little better. lol. Well, from what I've heard, yesterday & today will be my worst days ( my last dose of meds was on Sunday). I need to shake this, I have stuff I need to do!! LOL Any help or words or wisdom would be appreciated.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Seek medical advice. Cold turkey is dangerous.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome ELR815

You'll find a lot of support here

You might want to check out our substance abuse forum as well:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 09-14-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you start feeling better soon.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ELR815. You should go back to the DR and let him/her know what you are doing. That is what DR's are for. You are playing with your life and health. Maybe consider a trip to detox. Whatever you do be careful. like it was suggested go to the drug use forum and ask for help. For sure you will probably find some good advice.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ELR815 I agree with the others and admire your courage to do this...but make sure what is happening to you physically isn't dangerous. Please get some medical guidance...sending you many hugs and prayers!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome ELR815! Keep posting and let us know how your doing. Please take good care of yourself!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome ELR815, glad your here
Old 09-14-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Smile

Hello ELR ! Nice to meet you. Im new as well. Iv'e been clean since October 23, 2010. I did the whole detox thing... detoxing from opiates. every single opiate there is and ive deff been down the oxycodone road quite a few times and again. I have never in my life felt so sick. Reading you're post and you explaining your symptoms and how you're feeling instantly shoots me to the memory of what it was like for me. I felt like my body was dying...and i was in detox! I suppose you must really have to have the will power especially just being at home. So i have to say that's pretty amazing that you've realized that you gotta kick it. It sounds clique or atleast i thought forever but it's seriously true. I was in serious denial for years and i always found an excuse to justify my using. So its cool that you realize you need to be off the stuff. Stay Strong! You can do it ..it can be done! It really does get easier as the days go on but it can be hard to stick with it mentally. So you just really have to assure yourself that you can seriously do it. It's so sad to me that whether you have an addictive problem or not when you are taking any narcotic for pain or what have you your body gets physically addicted whether you like it or not. Its so sad that theres actually pills out there that can give someones life back to them by taking away they're physical pain but also ruin so many lives too. I have to agree that i would recommend getting a DR's assistance but if not just stay strong. I would drink alot of fluids and sleeping alot deff helps. Well I wish you Luck! (:
Old 09-14-2011, 07:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR boo2633

D
Old 09-14-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome ELR815! I'm new here too and also working on getting off pain meds. I agree with the above peeps that you need to talk to your doctor. Why were you prescribed Oxycodone?

Please call your doctor and let them know you are trying to go off the meds. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome Pandie, boo and ELR! Funny how all the newcomers come out in one thread!

I'm so glad you are all here, welcome to SR! I don't have experience with oxy, but I do have experience with addiction, so I know that recovery is a hard road to walk. We are here to support you.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Welcome and glad you are here....as they say.....do not try that at home..........

Blessings,
Kahlia