Notices

Day 8: No Hope Right Now

Old 09-07-2011, 04:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8: No Hope Right Now

I'm at 90% from recovery from my 4 day of bender and for some reason I just can't get in to the groove. I'm resigning my website and I got pretty far into the design and I'm just stuck. I have change it about 5 different times and work on it for about a month and half. I'm worry about not getting a job and thing will this new website help me (I'm a graphic designer). When I do get a job what will happen when my court date comes up for my DUI charge. Worry that I get fire for that. Debt needs to be paid off and going through a lot of stuff is so stressful.

The 3 months that I was sober, I was working but after getting laid off. I got lazy and telling myself to get back to work on this website so you can find a new job. Worrying about coding the website that I design because I need it to stand out and the stuff I want to do is really need.

Also I have very controlling parents and will never know if I can ever get out of their shoes. I could not have my freedom from them and have a normal 20s and going to be 30s life in a few years. This is before I had a drinking problem.

Just a lot on my plate and needed to stay it here.

Thanks for listening.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi act10n

I know it's natural to worry about things that haven;t happened yet - but in my experience that worry is wasted energy.

Do all you can to be prepared for what might happen with jobs and courts and whatever else for sure.....but then try and let the rest go...

All we can do is our best, man

I wish you well in all your endeavours

D
Old 09-07-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Act10n...what Dee said. Take life a day at a time. And give each day your best. Let your Higher Power lead the way to tomorrow. Hang in there! It'll get better!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time."
Abraham Lincoln

One day at a time, you can do it! Wake up each morning with a clear head and do the best you can!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Do you have a in person support group or therapist you can talk to?
It really helps.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Action, feelings change. Worry IS wasting energy on trying to control what we have no total control over. Stay stopped. Hope will come. The court will see a sober person. Are you in a program of recovery (I don't recall).

You just reminded me that I need to give my worry of today to my HP. I was up early today, but fell back to sleep until 9:30 today. I have to take 2 buses to get to the library to redo my resume & send it (late).

Breathe. Think positively. We can get through today!

Search left handed writing. It gets us in touch with our inner child & creative selves. I'm sure your website will be awesome! Let's be positive!

P.S. you aren't IN your parents' shoes, probably just their home or "control." Keep sober and you'll be your own person!