Notices

Help

Old 08-13-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Help

Hello, everyone. I really want to be able to use this site more often but I am finding this site hard to understand, which is holding me back from being able to use it. If anyone has any advice or help on how to use this site comfortably I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks everyone
Old 08-13-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, TryingTimes!

What would you like to get from SR? Are you in recovery yourself, and if so, from what? Or are you looking for advice and support because you have a family member with addiction or mental health issues?

Once we know that, there are plenty of people to guide you to the right place in the forum.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR.

It looks like you are off to a good start on figuring out the boards and how they work because you were able to start a new thread. Basically SR is pretty simple. You just scroll down to the forum topic you are interested in and read the threads in it that grab your interest or post a question or response of your own. Feel free to share your experience, strength, support etc... on threads as that is what each of us is here to do. SR has many different forum areas which include sections for family members of those addicted, stopping smoking, stopping drinking, stopping drugs, mental health issues, GLBT, women's, men's, pretty much any topic that relates in some way to sobriety and recovery. You can also send private messages to people by scrolling across their name then clicking on send a private message. You can look at someones profile by clicking on their name. There are rules and help sections at the top of the forum.

I hope that in some way helps to answer your questions.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Here's a link to the FAQ's:

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - FAQ

Feel free to PM me anytime if you have questions. I'm always around.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome TryingTimes. I hope you're finding your way around ok.

This is a wonderful place with caring people who will help you find the answers you need. Please let us know how you're doing - we're glad you found us.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR tryingtimes

you can PM me too with any site problems - I'm always around when Anna isn't always around...

D