Notices

New again--a year later. Day 8 Sober

Old 08-10-2011, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy New again--a year later. Day 8 Sober

...And I feel horrible. I'm moody and unproductive. When do I reach this fabled pink cloud?
Old 08-10-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't know, but I've been there myself. Welcome back and full steam ahead.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Last time I made it 20 days and was feeling so good I got pregnant again, heh. I relapsed hard after her birth though. This whole summer has been a blur and I hate myself for it. But we keep trying.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey failpoilsh,
Im at it again too - today is day 3 for me. Just gotta keep at it and remember the great things about being sober and the s*&t things about drinking. We are august newbee's together!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My memory is being a bit one sided with all "the good times" right now, heh.

"Remember that time I was constantly drinking and everything was awesomez?!?!"

I know I'm trying to trick myself though. I made it through my first weekend and that's the biggest stumbling block for me every time I do this.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its my day 3. I feel ok, but I know that I will hove something on weekend. But thats good, because I used to drink every day without exception. Some people recommended gradually reduce not just in one day. Will drink on weekend, then back on track on Monday.
And then will plan which weekend I will reduce even more.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I wish I could do it that way but I fall into such a withdrawal cycle. Now that the physical part is over I don't want to have to do it again. It's probably nice to have something to look forward too. I guess that's why it's one day at a time and not "visualize the rest of your life with no friends or fun EVAR".
Old 08-10-2011, 11:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FailPolish View Post
I guess that's why it's one day at a time and not "visualize the rest of your life with no friends or fun EVAR".
FailPolish, that is such a sad statement (if I misinterpreted, I apologize). I've had more fun in the last two and a half weeks sober, than I've had in the last two and a half years while drinking.

It saddens me to read sooooo many people on this board who think life sux without alcohol. But, I think I get it, for the first 40 years of my life, I could not see all the positives in my life, I blocked them out and only looked at the negatives and let them consume my entire existence. No wonder I wanted to do nothing but get numb. And, no wonder I was a miserable person to be around.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have no idea what this "pink cloud" is? I'm almost 90 days. I keep seeing this what is it?
Old 08-10-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Although early sobriety can feel quite miserable and a person can question whether it is worth it or not please remember it does get better with each day that you continue your journey. It may not feel like it right now but with each step of each day your body, mind, and spirit are healing. Just like anything in life there are periods of struggle and early sobriety can be just that but once you get past that initial hump it will get better. You will be able to look back and truly say, "wow, I can't believe I made it. I am stronger than I believed." Hang in there you can do this. Don't focus on the negatives of right now, focus on the possibilities that sobriety can bring to your life.

I can say this from experience. I now have 10 years sober and I can still remember that initial struggle. It is one thing that helps keep me sober today, knowing I do not want to have to do that again. Take care, and believe in the strength you do posses even when it does not feel like it.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

Please add SOBER & RECOVERING. You drank for a long time giving yourself fake happiness. Your body is healing & normalizing! Give time time
Old 08-10-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am at Day 27 and my Pink Cloud has came and went. I felt great at three weeks, approaching four I am just miserable and bored...
Old 08-10-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FailPolish - Be proud of yourself for coming back and trying again.

I remember clearly the feeling that nothing would ever be fun again. It's so easy to give in to those thoughts in the beginning. As nandm said - even though you may not see it, you're making progress each day. The clouds will lift & you'll realize you don't need to be numb to enjoy life. Keep talking to us.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1undone View Post
I have no idea what this "pink cloud" is? I'm almost 90 days. I keep seeing this what is it?
They call it that, like when you first get sober or you are fresh out of treatment, you feel GREAT and happy and spiritual and like everything is wonderful and you can do this and you have no cravings!!!!

But then reality sits in and life gets hard again. That is what they mean
Old 08-10-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow!!! Lots of people newly sober!!! I am so, so, so very proud. This is the hardest journey I have ever been on. But it is the most rewarding... Getting sober saved my life. I am for ALL OF YOU. If any of you need someone to listen, or advice, or guidance, or ANYTHING. Let me know. Just know I am praying for all of you... truly, truly. As long as you TRY to do the next right thing and TRY to stay sober and TRY to ask for help.... God will ALWAYS provide and take care of you. Welcome to the journey.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back FailPolish

I think my story is typical of at least some of us.
It took me quite a while to feel happy...and longer still to trust that feeling.

Getting sober, especially if you've drunk for a,long time like I did, is hard work...it's literally life changing and that takes time energy and commitment.

The good news is it's the best thing I ever did for myself
Find some support - noone needs to do this alone, FP

D
Old 08-10-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its my day 3. I feel ok, but I know that I will hove something on weekend. But thats good, because I used to drink every day without exception. Some people recommended gradually reduce not just in one day. Will drink on weekend, then back on track on Monday.
And then will plan which weekend I will reduce even more.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...me-advice.html

I hope you'll read this thread HF. I think you have yourself a bad idea there.

D
Old 08-10-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

FailPolish, I am really glad that you are back and working on your recovery. Btw, I never, ever experienced the 'pink cloud' or anything close to it. My early recovery was full of guilt and shame and accepting that I wasn't the person I had believed I was.

HealthyFood, that sounds like a lot of obsessing about drinking/not drinking to me.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Healthyfood - I really would consider getting through this weekend without a drink. I have done this cycle and that is exactly what it is, a cycle - you need to break the cycle. Getting through weekdays may seem easier than the weekend so why not try to make it through both and see how you feel? I am day 3 as well - we can do it together???
Old 08-11-2011, 04:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I can be a bit over dramatic, but I really do feel lonely. All my friends and hobbies have been centered around drinking. And now here comes football season... Ugh. My weekly excuse to drink for 7 hours straight. on Saturday for college ball and then Sunday for Pro.

I'm just feeling scared because I have to find new ways to have find and find joy in life and I don't even know where to start. I don't mean to sound sad, but it's really scary to learn how to live at 30 years old.