Notices

Is there a reliable online source for counseling?

Old 08-02-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is there a reliable online source for counseling?

Hi All!

I am in desperate need of counseling....or someone to talk to. Regarding marriage, divorce, addiction.... unemployment! You name it. I want help to move forward. Does anyone know of a source on the internet that is reliable. I have agoraphobia and severe depression. I am in a most undesirable situation and wish to change it.

Thanks everybody!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there.

There are really some nice and helpful people here, that you can talk to . they will have some ideas, tho i dont know . i know that if you have a problem with a drinker or drugging person, you can go to al-anon meetings. they are great.
i have gone to counselling before, several times in my life. for me, SR (this site) has done so much for me. I am able to share, to listen to the experience of others, and to enjoy the support and understanding of many who are going through , or have gone through, the same sort of things.

Have you spoken to a doctor about your depression and agorophobia? There are things that you can do to treat these things.

just wanted to say welcome, and stick around. you will find a lot of support and understanding here.

hugs,
chicory
Old 08-04-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know of anywhere reputable that does online counseling.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both for your replies.

To be more specific....what does a person do before they fall into the abyss of homelessness? I have been told I am disabled...although, I dont know any different...so, I cant judge. Do I go to the State for help? Do I reapply for SS Disability? I have no income.. I am in a situation of non-existence. I feel used so because I feel others have received the help they want/need based on my SSN. I really dont know what else to say. I want to live and move forward! But, I need to change not only myself but my surroundings. I just need a place to reach my hand out for help.