it looks like the rock won

Old 07-28-2011, 01:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

it looks like the rock won

I have stod by my man from day one he was great treqtee me good and a great father this was until he meet his new love crack I wqs w him 6 years and have two beautiful chipdr3n together one of which is only 5 weeks old! I have battled this demon in him for a year now and its only getting worse ane taking over his life . I finaly give up he stole all our money and noy a thing to feed our 4 year old I cannot allow this behavior around our children . I feel like I have died a little inside bc I want him so bad but I will not give in I cannot . I will be moving in a little over a week which will be good for me I need a new start I've been w him since I was 16 my life revolves around him so finding myself is going to be scary . i feel As tho I need him he helped me thru my bipolar before i was diagnosed. I know im not really deserting him since i have done all I can do but it still feels that way . Today makes one week and I feel like I'm dying someone plz tell me it get better and soon I dnt know how much longer I can take this . I lost my life to a rock wtf this is not how I pictured my life turning oit we were getting married we were raise our kids together now what? I didn't know I could hurt so bad ...i have no one to talk to I know I have to be strong for my babies I will NOT put them threw no more than i have to enough is enough. Any suggestions on how to help me feel better? Anything ?
Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you are going thru this. I too have felt like a drug was chosen before me and our kids by my husband. Things will eventually get better, you have already taken a step in the right direction. Just read through the posts and you will see you aren't alone. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Much love sent your way.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I am sorry, however, you will get over this. It is not the end of the world, it is a new beginning for you and your children. You are capable of taking care of yourself, we all are.

Keep your children as your priorty, doing that alone will give you the strength you need to move forward.

Read around the forums, it will help, and, keep posting.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Finding a group such as Al-Anon or Celebrate Recovery will be a big help to you as you go through with separating from your husband. You need the support of other people right now.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gforecoveringca View Post
I

I finaly give up he stole all our money and noy a thing to feed our 4 year old I cannot allow this behavior around our children .
You have the right priorities. Saving yourself and the children come first.

Grief is a natural emotion, especially when our fantasies of how things would turn out do not mesh with the realities of addiction.

You did not cause his addiction.
You cannot control his addiction.
You cannot cure his addiction.

Take care of yourself and your children.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that you're hurting so badly. It does hurt. And yes......it can get better or it can not get better.....that is entirely up to you. It may be very hard to understand that right now because of the pain, confusion and anxiety. But there is help.

The mind is very powerful. We CAN affect changes in our thinking but it takes time, dedication and work. If you are willing, there is help.

Nar-Anon Groups

http://www.al-anon-sc.org/Area_Distr...t_by_City2.pdf

gentle hugs
ke